David Wheater

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree was very impressed with him when he was in the prem wondered why another club havn't picked him up since boro got relegated

Decent player, still quite young I think, the type of player Moyes could work with.

For nothing, he'd be a good signing.

he's a bit of a clogger and would block the progress of Duffy. If we go for another CB maybe we should look at older experience as short term who could help bring on Duffy.

Get Richard Gough back!

he's a bit of a clogger and would block the progress of Duffy. If we go for another CB maybe we should look at older experience as short term who could help bring on Duffy.

Get Richard Gough back!

As I see it, Wheater and Duffy would be understudies to Jags and Distin. Sylvain's 33 now. How many more seasons before his legs go? It's reckless to rely on Hibbo as our only cover at centreback. We need to blood Duffy and probably bring someone else in too.

As I see it, Wheater and Duffy would be understudies to Jags and Distin. Sylvain's 33 now. How many more seasons before his legs go? It's reckless to rely on Hibbo as our only cover at centreback. We need to blood Duffy and probably bring someone else in too.

Fair enough point, but if Moyes wants to bring in another CB who has a few years in him then maybe someone like Taylor at Newcastle....I don't think he is getting games (i could be wrong). Anyway, wheater is cack and shouldn't be considered...I would rather have duffy, rodders and hibbert as cover than wheater

Fair enough point, but if Moyes wants to bring in another CB who has a few years in him then maybe someone like Taylor at Newcastle....I don't think he is getting games (i could be wrong). Anyway, wheater is cack and shouldn't be considered...I would rather have duffy, rodders and hibbert as cover than wheater

I like Taylor, but it looks likely that he'll be signing a new contract at Newcastle. Wheater is only 23 and would be an asset. I'd wait to get him in the summer though. If he doesn't work out, we sell him on for a profit.

I like Taylor, but it looks likely that he'll be signing a new contract at Newcastle. Wheater is only 23 and would be an asset. I'd wait to get him in the summer though. If he doesn't work out, we sell him on for a profit.

Moyes had a good record of polishing defenders into accomplished performers. I trust his judgement on central defenders apart from those he signs from Italian clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.