David Unsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
….not sure what that has to do with Unsworth.

I’m no fan of his, the defeat at Southampton when he was in charge was a low point but he’s an easy target, the key problems lie elsewhere.
But surely it has got something to do with him.
If he was producing stars from the youth teams and bringing them through,then you would have players ready to step up and save fees in the transfer market of which we can’t afford at the moment.

But surely it has got something to do with him.
If he was producing stars from the youth teams and bringing them through,then you would have players ready to step up and save fees in the transfer market of which we can’t afford at the moment.

….he’s been in charge of U23s for years, when was the last time we got to the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup at U18 level?

It’s an indicator the club are not recruiting top talent & there might be a number of reasons for this. Unsworth gets the stick because players are rarely coming through from U23s but the basic reason is because they aren’t good enough. It would be a valid excuse if our youth teams are successful in younger age groups.

He had a chance as caretaker manager and looked like a rabbit in headlights, in fact we might as well have stuck Boys Pen Bill in the dugout. Now he has a new fancy title. We may not care too much for Mr. Barton but I think the FAT PE Teacher taunt actually sits well. He epitomises the slack, underachieving boys club created by Kenwright and our backsliding long rooted culture. Unsworth should be on the Moshri list. The owner now needs to decide who he and we need at the club or keep this going and its the Championship and possibly worse.
What is it exactly that he should have done that he has failed? Apart from produced 7 or 8 world class players?

He had a chance as caretaker manager and looked like a rabbit in headlights, in fact we might as well have stuck Boys Pen Bill in the dugout. Now he has a new fancy title. We may not care too much for Mr. Barton but I think the FAT PE Teacher taunt actually sits well. He epitomises the slack, underachieving boys club created by Kenwright and our backsliding long rooted culture. Unsworth should be on the Moshri list. The owner now needs to decide who he and we need at the club or keep this going and its the Championship and possibly worse.
Guarentee he gets extra helpings from the dinner ladies there! Because he's such a lovely guy!

I mean, how do you work in such an athletic, physical enviroment, with all that equipment and healthy food at your disposal and end up like this

aa1.jpg

….he’s been in charge of U23s for years, when was the last time we got to the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup at U18 level?

It’s an indicator the club are not recruiting top talent & there might be a number of reasons for this. Unsworth gets the stick because players are rarely coming through from U23s but the basic reason is because they aren’t good enough. It would be a valid excuse if our youth teams are successful in younger age groups.
But then it comes down to, is it all about talent and not coaching. Say we went oit and the bought the 5 best 16yr olds on the planet at 10mil a peice. Surely there’s a very good chance they become top players, irreverent who’s coaching them IE Rooney.

It’s the middle group of players I suppose who are on the knife edge. That coaching will lift them them to the next level if it’s good enough. And it starts way before the 23’s. But Unsworth has now been giving the academy director role. I don’t think when you see how his teams play, the style and the way he sets them up. I think this gives little confidence in him making the system a successful one.

And when you look at the loans that we’ve messed up. Josh Bowler bought for 4mil? Sent to Hull who have the best right winger in the Championship ie Bowen. Again I’m not saying this is Unsworth. But my god it’s embarrassing whoever is making these decisions

Guarentee he gets extra helpings from the dinner ladies there! Because he's such a lovely guy!

I mean, how do you work in such an athletic, physical enviroment, with all that equipment and healthy food at your disposal and end up like this

aa1.jpg

Just sheer laziness isn’t it? He’s got physios, dieticians and sports scientists on site, and loads of people in the gym at any one time to train with.

He can probably even eat three healthy meals in the club canteen.

Defo got a sweet drawer in his office. Stacked full of multipack chocolate, fizzy pop and greggs wrapped.

Just sheer laziness isn’t it? He’s got physios, dieticians and sports scientists on site, and loads of people in the gym at any one time to train with.

Defo got a sweet drawer in his office. Stacked full of multipack chocolate, fizzy pop and greggs wrapped.
Lizzie the dinner lady who's been there since 1991 puts an extra portion of Davids dinner!
Obviously he is picking the staff meal and not the players meal

His snack draw would rival Ginny Sacks

Am I imagining this or were we not banned from signing youth players for a while?
Yes the man who did a very good job of scouting players was caught trying to sign players from other clubs by offering better deals, Most clubs do this, you’ve got make sure you don’t get caught, although at a senior level Liverpool got caught tapping up the player from Southampton, who was assassinated by Pickford, and got a walkover and they eventually signed him!!

Sure we might need a change of coach at u23 level maybe. But this is a man who played in our last trophy winning team. I find the comments from people making snide remarks, about Unsys physical appearance to be nasty and below the belt imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.