David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Shakespeare at Leicester you mean ?

Got a feeling you’s will lose your next 2 games and the Unsworth wankathon will be over I hope I’m wrong but every chance I won’t be
Why would/should losing his first two games mean the end for him? I think there's every likelihood he will. But Unsworth has got it to be a top manager. Make no mistake.

I just want to wish him the very best of luck in the next few games. He has my 100% support (and you just never know?).

As a Burnley fan, I wish David Unsworth the best of luck......for both genuine and selfish reasons.

Obviously, I want Sean Dyche to stay at Burnley a while longer yet - at least until the end of this season, but DU played 30-odd games for Burnley in the 2007/2008 Championship season and NEVER let us down although at the veteran (33/34) stage.

It would be great if you can beat Chelsea tonight (but I think Conte will put out a strong side) however I feel you will have a better chance of getting a result at Leicester this weekend (I hope so).

As an outsider, I actually feel Koeman was a bit unlucky - 4 of your 5 defeats were against Chelsea, Spurs, Man United and Arsenal with a creditable draw at Man City - so against the lesser sides 7 points out of 12 is not too terrible. Mind you, the European results have not helped - if qualification looked likely, RK may have got more time.

I am a Liverpudlian and as a child lived on the Wirral. My Liverpool-supporting father used to take to me Tranmere Rovers on a Friday night (first game against Bristol City in 1962) and, then alternately to Anfield and Goodison on Saturdays. Liverpool were still in the old Second Division when he took me to my first top-flight match in November 1962...Everton 3 Burnley 1....Alex Young "The Golden Vision", Roy Vernon, Brian Labone, Jimmy Gabriel etc were playing for the Toffees (maybe Derek "Shirley" Temple).

Anyway, I rewarded my father by supporting Burnley (it must have been the colours I liked). Burnley lost so I cannot be accused of having been a glory-hunter:)

Good luck for the rest of the season - I'd even accept a defeat against you at Turf Moor if it meant we kept Dyche.

Why would/should losing his first two games mean the end for him? I think there's every likelihood he will. But Unsworth has got it to be a top manager. Make no mistake.
He might get away with losing the next two games maybe even the next three but lose the next four and I hope we look elsewhere.

As a Burnley fan, I wish David Unsworth the best of luck......for both genuine and selfish reasons.

Obviously, I want Sean Dyche to stay at Burnley a while longer yet - at least until the end of this season, but DU played 30-odd games for Burnley in the 2007/2008 Championship season and NEVER let us down although at the veteran (33/34) stage.

It would be great if you can beat Chelsea tonight (but I think Conte will put out a strong side) however I feel you will have a better chance of getting a result at Leicester this weekend (I hope so).

As an outsider, I actually feel Koeman was a bit unlucky - 4 of your 5 defeats were against Chelsea, Spurs, Man United and Arsenal with a creditable draw at Man City - so against the lesser sides 7 points out of 12 is not too terrible. Mind you, the European results have not helped - if qualification looked likely, RK may have got more time.

I am a Liverpudlian and as a child lived on the Wirral. My Liverpool-supporting father used to take to me Tranmere Rovers on a Friday night (first game against Bristol City in 1962) and, then alternately to Anfield and Goodison on Saturdays. Liverpool were still in the old Second Division when he took me to my first top-flight match in November 1962...Everton 3 Burnley 1....Alex Young "The Golden Vision", Roy Vernon, Brian Labone, Jimmy Gabriel etc were playing for the Toffees (maybe Derek "Shirley" Temple).

Anyway, I rewarded my father by supporting Burnley (it must have been the colours I liked). Burnley lost so I cannot be accused of having been a glory-hunter:)

Good luck for the rest of the season - I'd even accept a defeat against you at Turf Moor if it meant we kept Dyche.

wowzers ... a proper love in for dyche here !!

Good luck, Rhino.

I’m in your corner, fella. Restore some pride, bring back some bite and - for the love of God - try employing some tactics and an actual formation.

They’ll be huge improvements enough.

I do believe Koemans strange tactics have stifled our players.

we have some top notch international players who know how to carry out the managers tactics. make no mistake.

lets hope rhino manages to get the best out of these players with some tactics that suits the team and not just a couple of individual players.

Hope he does well, then goes away and learns his trade in the championship.

Like our owner said in the summer we need a Hollywood manager to compete in the nw of England.

We are now in the select few league that spends £50m on a player... would any of them other clubs employ from within?

Nope

I think he might get a tune out of the players for a few weeks, but once the honeymoon period is over then who knows what happens??

We go on a run of bad games and then Tuchel and Carlo have new jobs and all we have left to go for is Moyes or Big Sam.
West Ham will be sniffing soon enough at least theres always Sean Dyche ... Anyway good luck to Unsworth hope it works out for him if not you's get a good manager in

InsidiousTalkativeHellbender.gif

david unsworth two year contract away freom goodison or one year at everton in champions league...

he's no more a blue than my cat

Status
Not open for further replies.