David Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Moyes, the rebuilding job that was required at United following Ferguson’s last season can be viewed as massive in hindsight. He gets slaughtered because they’d won the league the previous year and he was of course out of his depth. He also made the massive mistake of bringing in his own coaching staff making the transition from the Fergie era even harder. Following Fergie though? Perhaps the greatest manager of all time? That would take some doing and I don’t think it says much that Moyes couldn’t do it. Not many could.

For me as well, that squad he was left with was very similar to the squad Mourinho left at Inter; vastly experienced, full of winners but also ageing and past their best and in need of an overhaul. Those two clubs suffered the exact same fate after winning big and still haven’t properly turned it around.

Moyes would do fine here. He’s had better squads but he’s done more with a lot worse. But do we want to do just “fine”? When he left, it felt like he’d done all he could with us and we’d done all we could with him. We were both supposed to do so much better. It feels like a relationship where a break is agreed but both parties realise they can’t do any better so end up back together for convenience and familiarity. Coexisting together but never quite having the same feelings they once had. Man that’s depressing.

I’m not saying I’d have him back but he was well and truly stitched up at United, they had a half decent team but was still winning games because other teams were scared of them. Any manager after Ferguson would have failed in the same way.

The only way I could see Everton ever taking him back would be with a younger manager to take over like Unsworth, Howe etc. This wouldn’t tie in with our ‘project’ though so I think Everton would have to go with an established manager.

If Moyes comes back we will be playing even more defensive and slow than we are now and forget about the young players getting a go in the team, Moyes would rather play an over 40 out of position than give a young player a chance. In case you didn’t realise, I am against Moyes returning, thanks for the memories Moyes, but let’s move on

He's failed at his last 3 jobs.

It would be ridiculous for him to come back. Not even Kenwright could pull the wool over Moshiri's eyes for that to happen.

Would you not have him back as a DOF, Azza ? Do you not think he had an eye for a player ?

Well as a head scout. He can certainly pick out defenders.

Doubt he'd want that sort of job though, he has a point to prove. Just not with us I don't think.

Can't believe there are actually people advocating the return of a manager who has failed at two clubs and relegated another.

Sure, this really sounds plausible, LOL
So will Sammy Lee still be in charge? with Moyes managing the "value for money players", Koeman managing the centre midfield and how about Paul McCartney to manage the Wings??
There's enough to get wound up about in reality without looking to some made up crap in the mirror...

Status
Not open for further replies.