David Moyes

We are on our 3rd relegation battle in 3 years and people are turning their nose up at a manger that has just won a trophy. In an ideal world we would of left him in our wakes, but we are on our knees as a club. The state the club is in I'd have him back in a shot.

I believe i have good reasons for not wanting him back here.

I mean you have just given one when you said we have been in relegation battles for three years , which is true and the issue with that is this will simply be a repeat of what happened starting from the 90s, anything that isn’t a relegation battle will be something to be content with.

It’s that sort of thinking that has aided the culture that has been going on at the club. We even had a DVD titled “the magnificent 7th” .

I’ll be honest I don’t know who I would like, first snd foremost the club itself needs to change , it really does. We can’t say we are a big club and don’t act like one most of the time. Simply changing managers hasn’t worked, the club is the problem before anyone. Change that first.

I couldn't see him coming back, especially in this environment. Wasn't he literally about to sign the paperwork when they pulled the chair and gave it to Ancelotti?

Really. Didn’t know this.
I think Moyes revealed it in an interview, possibily within the last year.

EDIT: Here's the Moyes quote:

“When I was getting offered the West Ham job, I had actually been in Germany with Moshiri to take the Everton job. It was absolutely done, until in the meeting my telephone had run out of battery and I had asked for it to be charged.

“In the meeting, the phone rang and it was David Sullivan, in the middle of the meeting with Everton. I had to say ‘I can’t speak right now’. I was in a meeting to go back to Everton. Carlo Ancelotti got sacked that night and they changed track and took Carlo Ancelotti. Overnight.

“That night I was in Germany and Carlo lost his job. I was due to sign the papers the day before and because of that they took Carlo, and David Sullivan had phoned me to take the West Ham job and I thought, ‘definitely’.”

I believe i have good reasons for not wanting him back here.

I mean you have just given one when you said we have been in relegation battles for three years , which is true and the issue with that is this will simply be a repeat of what happened starting from the 90s, anything that isn’t a relegation battle will be something to be content with.

It’s that sort of thinking that has aided the culture that has been going on at the club. We even had a DVD titled “the magnificent 7th” .

I’ll be honest I don’t know who I would like, first snd foremost the club itself needs to change , it really does. We can’t say we are a big club and don’t act like one most of the time. Simply changing managers hasn’t worked, the club is the problem before anyone. Change that first.
I have to admit the lack of ambition meant I was watching Everton play in Europe.

Now I am just hoping we don’t go bankrupt and stay up having only won 1 in 15.

But sure he lacked ambition or alternative hypothesis, he didn’t have the resources to properly compete with top 5/6