David Moyes

I suspect he still wants to be a training ground manager, but if Thelwell is looking to leave as some have suggested I would certainly be sounding him out about that DoF role….from the outside looking in it’s just whether him as DoF and Dyche as manager would work, with them both being seemingly strong personalities.
Contary to what is projected a lot on here a DoF role at a prem level club is not a glorified scout.

Whether Moyes wants or is qualified to do the Admin, man managements, systems management, meetings , contracts, financials, agent dealings etc that will go into a complex role like that at his age is another matter. He ran Everton with autonomy so it's likely not beyond him, but I don't think there is precedent for such a high profile shift in jobs at this stage of a footy managers career, and probably for good reason.

Tbf he’d be in his absolute element here now, every excuse under the sun to not win against a top 6 side.
I know his record is in this regard with us was poor, (tbh I wasn’t arsed where the points came from as long as they came) but his record against that group did improve with West Ham. He is a reserved manager no doubt, but I do think some of his approach was very much shaped by the Kenwright no money years. If anyone brought a knife to a gunfight it was Kenwright.

So 220 million out, a big bid for paqueta incoming, in how many total seasons? say they get 70ish million from city for paqueta, 150 mill spent for a euro trophy and numerous top half finishes. Clubs get value out of Moyes. (acknowledge having Rice come through the club and sold on for 100m skews the picture some)
Nobody is arguing that they don’t. But it also can’t be said that he has not received financial backing and he has won something in part due to that. Once that win comes along there is always going to be the expectation for more. As I said before he does have a bit of a one dimensional game to his management, and struggles to change things up against the top sides.

I think he is much better than Dyche, I also think he is the best we could expect to attract at the moment. He may be what we need over the next three years to stabilise the club both on the playing side and the financial side. I don’t think he can turn this squad into winners but then I don’t think anyone can. We need a period of stability and then start to rebuild. If he would return I would have him over Sean Dyche however there is much better out there but our problem is that we are a very unattractive proposition at the moment.

Contary to what is projected a lot on here a DoF role at a prem level club is not a glorified scout.

Whether Moyes wants or is qualified to do the Admin, man managements, systems management, meetings , contracts, financials, agent dealings etc that will go into a complex role like that at his age is another matter. He ran Everton with autonomy so it's likely not beyond him, but I don't think there is precedent for such a high profile shift in jobs at this stage of a footy managers career, and probably for good reason.
No you’re right there is no precedent for it. But I always found Moyes to be reasonably articulate and intelligent in interviews EFC, so I think he could do the other stuff, like infrastructure for the different age groups in the club, and negotiation of transfers etc.

It’s interesting to note that from the most up to date data I can find Moyes seems to find Dyche teams difficult to play against having played 11 times, losing 5, drawing 3 and winning 3.

I would've preferred Moyes here as a director of football when Martinez was managing, the defensive nous when we didn't have the ball might have delivered some silver.

Really being made to feel welcome at West Ham!!!
Can see him turning up and getting the Milton treatment and being moved to the basement.

Never go back. He's history as far as Everton are concerned and he should stay that way. Unless our fear of relegation is so strong that we'd rather not try a new manager (who could win us things but could equally take us down) and would rather stagnate for another 10 years playing pargmatic, soulless footy.

If he wants the Everton job, he'll have to wait to see if Dyche goes mid-season. If that happens, it'll be down to him and Rooney and he'll be the only choice.

He's obviously a far, far more accomplished manager than Dyche, but I would lean towards waiting it out in case new owners come in who've got a clue. On paper, he's the ideal candidate for a club in our present condition, but that's assuming he still has the energy to be Maximum Leader again.

I know it’s different owners but he may decide he doesn’t want to come here after being discarded in favour of Ancelotti last time even though he’d made the trip to Germany