David Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring how he left, how he spoke about Everton after leaving... he’s just not a good manager anymore. Football has changed and there has been zero evidence since leaving us that he can succeed in the modern game. We’ve changed as a club, we are no longer the plucky underdogs bringing a knife to a gun fight, we now have guns - we’re just firing blanks!
It would an appointment that stinks of nostalgia, desperation and no vision or ambition. It would be an appointment that well and truly announces to the football world we have no intention of reaching the top, we’re happy to just be there.

Ignoring how he left, how he spoke about Everton after leaving... he’s just not a good manager anymore. Football has changed and there has been zero evidence since leaving us that he can succeed in modern game. We’ve changed as a club, we are no longer the plucky underdogs bringing a knife to a gun fight, we now have guns - we’re just firing blanks!
It would an appointment that stinks of nostalgia, desperation and no vision or ambition. It would be an appointment that we and truly announces to the football world we have no intention of reaching the top, we’re happy to just be there.
Spot on.

I’m very sceptical about this.
The gutter dwellers haven’t a clue who we are after. They are just constructing there own scenarios based on nothing vaguely substantial.
I hope.

Stuff of nightmares this.

Can’t believe what I’ve read in this thread. Moyes a ‘top manager’ good grief.

Such a top manager no other club has gone near him since he was dismissed by West Ham 19 months ago. Following 3 previous dismissals. ‘top managers’ don’t remain unemployed long. Says it all about his stature in English football or football in general. Nobody else wants him. What an embarrassment for the club if he ends up back here.

This isn’t to dismiss that he did a good job for us neatly 10 years ago. Football has changed a lot and we as a club have changed a lot since then. He’s an absolute dinosaur and would be a massive step backwards.

I would rather give it to Ferguson until the end of the season at this rate.

I don't mind to give him a chance for the rest of the season, if work, get him next season, if no, get other candidates at the end of the season.

Ancelotti sacked last night, why on Earth would we even consider this if he’s a possibility. Makes zero sense.

Only scenario this is remotely acceptable is if we can’t get a top manager in so we’re giving him till the end of the season to steady the ship. Problem with that is, once he’s here if he does even half decent he’ll be staying. Absolutely the wrong appointment if it happens.

Ancelotti sacked last night, why on Earth would we even consider this if he’s a possibility. Makes zero sense.

Only scenario this is remotely acceptable is if we can’t get a top manager in so we’re giving him till the end of the season to steady the ship. Problem with that is, once he’s here if he does even half decent he’ll be staying. Absolutely the wrong appointment if it happens.

Much better then Moyes tho.
Its hard to say who the best for the job when we dont know who would join us

Besides Moyes being a retrograde step, his appointment would signify the club has failed to recognise it's errors and furthermore the appointment of Brands was an expensive folly.

After Koeman was sacked I started a Moyes thread, inquiring exactly why people wanted him back. It was deleted. Irrespective, those that did reply posted the same responses then. "We can't do better", "There's no-one else who will come" "He got the club" etc...ad nausea.

Bolloxs. His mediocrity was a symptom of a deeper ailment that afflicts our club. The patient would be confirmed terminal if he came back. Ultimately the agenda boiled down to the narrative that there isn't anybody else. Ridiculous and an insult to Evertonians that only ex-reds in the media can shape.

As other posters have suggested. Keeping Ferguson would be a far better option. At this stage Moyes as manager, would divide the supporter base as much as a Benitez appointment. If anyone considers that a good idea at this juncture, you're talking out of your arse.

I'm not advocating Ferguson yet. I am suggesting, giving him the United game and Leicester. After that, let's see what the options are. At this stage it's the only coherent strategy available.

That, with the goodwill and the galvanizing effect of the Chelsea win we might be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Instead of the bleakness of going back to a decade of shenanigans by the board and a man who thought ultimately he was bigger than club.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.