David Moyes questions his tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Elmander on an early yellow card. I was thinking why not push Arteta to the left with Baines at least at halftime? We could have murdered them on the left and/or got him sent off. Is there no wing clause in Arteta's contract that we don't know about?

I didn't think Baxter was bad either. He had a shot on goal, which is better than almost everybody on the pitch.

If Jags is healthy please lets end this Johnny H expirment. At least Jags cares, and if we're going to get tonked then at the very least lets put some guys on who show some heart.

Bang on about jags i would not have started heitinga after he bottled that tackle against blackpool.

Time for something new give the opposition something to think about when they face us, its all so predicable teams know just how we will line up and play week in week out

Time for something new give the opposition something to think about when they face us, its all so predicable teams know just how we will line up and play week in week out

This. There are loads of permutations that Moyes could try up front. He really seems lost for ideas though. This is where Round should be earning his money, as Steve Clarke is doing across the park. Maybe it isn't investment that we need? Maybe it's a Colin Harvey to Moyse's Howard Kendall?

I have taken time to consider this thread.

For me it is not just this season but Moyes tactics and team selection have always erred on the theme that we must not lose and accordingly all has been built round that. Hence the never ending search for a lone striker who can be 1 in the 4-5-1 setup. We seem then as a result of that having to "chase" too many games, look at those where we were leading only to sit back and come unstuck instead of pressing our advantage. Which is where the ?????? subbibbing comes in.

I think there must be very few games where we have had on paper an attacking team selection, too little games where we actually take the fight to the opposing team. A consequence for me of the 4-5-1 as we play it is that the other team is thus allowed to push too far forward as there is only one player to mark.

i think he was right to do so and hopefully he gav the lads a right bollicking for the attempted application of them.....

despite the usual verbal diarrhoea from NEVILLLE on the OS none of the players showed any passion or desire for the jersey

poor from the off.

Moyes was as bad as the players.

it seemed that something wasn't right in the dressing room before the match as the players seemed unintersted and after the first goal Moyes just sat back and looked seriously pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.