David Moyes hangover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter because apprently West ham is his "home" done well for us but was time to part ways. Will always get worse before it gets better. He was unlucky at United because nobody was going to replicate Ferguson's success

They were champions when he took over, he bought average players, played average football and sacked everybody behind the scenes, thus ripping out the culture of the club.

Moyes was long gone when Moshiri came in. But both Moyes and Martinez would've spent the money given to Koeman/Walsh on better players. I'll say Koeman is up there with our worse managers of all time solely for the mess he left us in.
Above all else the arrogance of koeman is what got to me. I might be in the minority, but I welcomed his appointment as I thought he did a decent job at Southampton. But from the moment he walked through the door, you sensed his heart wasn’t really in it and he saw us only as a stepping stone to his dream barcelona job that never materialised. In the meantime he wasted tens of millions on players, many of whom we’re still lumbered with on big wages.

They were champions when he took over, he bought average players, played average football and sacked everybody behind the scenes, thus ripping out the culture of the club.
If I remember correctly due to the incompetence of Woodward they only managed to buy one player , Fellaini. Don't think he did too shabbily in that.

I genuinely support Everton not Moyes.The bitter comments I will treat with the disdain they deserve .As for a genuine supporter ,who are you to judge me ? Moyes held us back and that is fact ,yes he made us believe he was moving heaven and earth but he was found out once he left .Have a nice day .
Give up kid being bitter will only addled your perspective on anything. I've supported our team for 65 years and seen them all come and go, including Moyes. At no point have I proclaimed Moyes over the club, once he had left us he is just another manager and it is the proud tradition of this club to welcome back old boys without stooping to juvenile comments such as yours. In years to come you'll still be grinding your I hate Moyes axe only to find the axe is no longer there.be bitter, bitch away but you don't impress me at all.

Give up kid being bitter will only addled your perspective on anything. I've supported our team for 65 years and seen them all come and go, including Moyes. At no point have I proclaimed Moyes over the club, once he had left us he is just another manager and it is the proud tradition of this club to welcome back old boys without stooping to juvenile comments such as yours. In years to come you'll still be grinding your I hate Moyes axe only to find the axe is no longer there.be bitter, bitch away but you don't impress me at all.
Kid ? I first went to Goodison in 1950 .I have no need to impress you ,I just don't see the point you are trying to make all I see are accusations that I am bitter .As far as I can make out the basis of those is the fact we don't agree and that you have an impression of me that is so far from the truth you should have a rethink before coming out with let's say wayward comments .
I can feel how I want about Moyes and will continue to do so so there is no justification or foundation in your comments . The old boys that are normally welcomed back are players ,not managers although they are indeed respected by the club .

Moyes was the 3rd longest serving prem manager before leaving us. Is it not reasonable to think that like Man utd and Arsenal, the wheels have come off a bit because of this lack of stability/ change of ethos etc in the dressing room? And then massive changes in the boardroom too? None of it seems to have been handled well but shouldn't we have expected this a bit? And how differently would it have gone if Moyes had still been in charge when Mosh took over and he'd had all that money to spend?

Problem is Moyes was specifically chosen to be a steady hand on the tiller and negate any chance of instability.

As the most successful club in Prem history the thinking of SAF was clear - don't fix it if it ain't broke - yet soft lad ripped out the existing backroom staff in an instant eviscerating the club en route. No one snatches defeat out of the jaws of victory quite like the mad Moyesiah.

His job for life status here was a weird result of fear and sentimentality his "miracles" massively overstated and swallowed by too many of the rank and file who seemed to think transforming one of the great footballing institutions into a whimpering ambition free zone equates to a Lourdes visitation

Kid ? I first went to Goodison in 1950 .I have no need to impress you ,I just don't see the point you are trying to make all I see are accusations that I am bitter .As far as I can make out the basis of those is the fact we don't agree and that you have an impression of me that is so far from the truth you should have a rethink before coming out with let's say wayward comments .
I can feel how I want about Moyes and will continue to do so so there is no justification or foundation in your comments . The old boys that are normally welcomed back are players ,not managers although they are indeed respected by the club .
My justification is based purely on the bitter drivel you've come out with.

Moyes was the 3rd longest serving prem manager before leaving us. Is it not reasonable to think that like Man utd and Arsenal, the wheels have come off a bit because of this lack of stability/ change of ethos etc in the dressing room? And then massive changes in the boardroom too? None of it seems to have been handled well but shouldn't we have expected this a bit? And how differently would it have gone if Moyes had still been in charge when Mosh took over and he'd had all that money to spend?
Meanwhile at Chelsea and Spurs, they've gone through managers like nobodies business and the wheels are on?

There is a post Moyes era hangover for sure. People just don’t wanna give Moyes the steam of their urine. It’s ok to say it. It’s not necessarily saying we need Moyes now. Especially having Carlo Ruddy Ancelotti in charge.

Absolutely mind blowing with all the instability of the top clubs at we could land him.

There is a post Moyes era hangover for sure. People just don’t wanna give Moyes the steam of their urine. It’s ok to say it. It’s not necessarily saying we need Moyes now. Especially having Carlo Ruddy Ancelotti in charge.

Absolutely mind blowing with all the instability of the top clubs at we could land him.
Absolutely amazing! I hope he's given the support needed to be a success. I still think upstairs has muddled thinking, an example being Mosh, Kenwright and Brands reportedly wanting different replacements for Silva but with Ancelotti I'm a lot more positive than I have been in a while.
It feels strange this thing called hope!

For the last time I am neither bitter ( as I seen more than half of the games Everton FC have ever played ) nor is it drivel ,it is my albeit very public opinion of a man I really don't like .

Are you sure? That's an incredible statistic!!

Everton have been playing matches since 1878 in some form or other. That is nearing 142 years.

Are you sure? That's an incredible statistic!!

Everton have been playing matches since 1878 in some form or other. That is nearing 142 years.

you’re not factoring in how small the leagues where back then and then the implementation of Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.