Dave Prentice

I've never met, or spoke to the fella.

Nor should I.

I've only ever had one email exchange when I sent our Everton Mishmash press release to the Echo in 2018.

But, I do have a general gist of the role of a communication manager at a company. And it's along these lines;

... He's not fan liaison, and he's not a spokesperson (like this role). It's not his job to directly, and personally communicate to fans. It's his job to work on the clubs comms channels/strategy.

I also suspect he reports into the Director of Communications, who'll report into others.

Google Man Utd and communications manager, then google their name and Twitter etc. You wont find them representing their club/speaking to fans direct. Do it for any club.

I'd actually be criticising the club if we had a communication manager who is giving club opinion on personal social media accounts.

Roles differ for every organisation, Everton probably have an internal coms guy but he was hired publicly as an external one.

Either way me and @tommye are having a straightener and the last man standing gets to front him.

I don't know why anyone would want a job at Everton to be honest. You're on a hiding to nothing.
Depends on what the role is, it will always attract managers as it's a PL club (at the moment) and managers have massive ego's and many want to be THAT one who turns the club around again as it puts them in the eyeline of the big boys.