Dave Hickson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have confirmation of this? Twitter just exploded with condolences.
I met him a number of times doing the stadium tours, always thought of him as one of the nicest men I've ever met. And I'm sure anyone else who met him would agree with me on that.

True gentleman, and a legend. R.I.P Dave.

RIP. Hope the club do something fitting to honour his memory.

Devastating news, I remember being mesmerized by him on a stadium tour, he literally lived and breathed EFC. RIP Dave :(

Many, many years ago, when I was in my 20s, I was on holiday in the Isle Of Man. It was pre season and Dave Hickson had moved on to Tranmere Rovers(?). Like lads do, when we saw the Rovers team in the pub, after we had been to see their game(against Wrexham , I think), we shouted friendly abuse, banter, call it what you will, including 'Dave you were garbage today' amongst other things! The great man stood up looked across to us and laughed. An hour or so later, as he was leaving the pub with the Rovers team, he stopped , came over to us, and said 'Did you really think I was garbage today, boys?' We laughed, shook our heads, nodded, didn't know were to look. Then Dave says...'I probably was....what are you drinking?' And he bought the three of us a pint and walked out.
THAT is a legend. A gentleman. A gentle man. AN EVERTONIAN. RIP Dave.

Sorry to hear this - he really was a legend and an gentleman. The whole of Merseyside will remember him that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.