Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he plays 2 good games in those two games. Snivelley plays loads and still can't reach that 2 good games

Problem is we're still paying him the same wages for the other 36 he isn't fit to play.

Cleverley may or may not look better under another manager, Gibson's can't even stay fit long enough to take Cleverley's spot and that's nobody's fault but his own in all likelihood.

How many of you would be happy if we signed him from another team with his injury record over the last few years? You'd all be kicking off that we're throwing money away on a player who's only good for a couple matches a season.

What sign is this?

I would much rather the opportunity and wages be given to someone young and hungry to work and play for the club than Gibson.

I appreciate you have a problem with the deal from the footballing aspect, that's understandable. Others seem to want to form a lynch mob for reasons other than football and run him out of town and it doesn't sit well.

His new contract will be appearance based, so I've got no problem with him getting a new deal. Nobody else would touch him with a bargepole so we'd have a pretty strong hand in negotiations.

He was available more times than injured last season, just martinez thought cleverly and a out of form m'carthy were more deserving of a place in the team!

How many times did Cleverley start a match in the middle though? It was McCarthy and Barry being picked ahead of him and we only have his word that he was fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.