Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries to McCarthy, Besic and Barry and we have nobody else to come in. Gibson is a useful replacement and requires no transfer fee which a replacement would.

Davies perfectly capible and id of liked to of thought we were maybe in the market for a cm of better quality to besic, mccarthy n barry

Mate, he's been here how many years? He's had the chance, time and time again.
Moshiri has been here for 4 months and has invested nothing and can't even secure a new manager, yet you're all treating him like some sort of Persian saviour.

He may come good and actually spend a quid.

Gibson may be given a run of games in the team now that the Spanish clown has gone and can no longer jeopardise the team for the Snivelling rat that is Cleverley.

This is what I get for not letting out my fume in the manager thread...
Moshiri has been here for 4 months and has invested nothing and can't even secure a new manager, yet you're all treating him like some sort of Persian saviour.

Gibson may be given a run of games in the team now that the Spanish clown has gone and can no longer jeopardise the team for the Snivelling rat that is Cleverley.

Why are you bringing Moshiri up?

As for Gibson "coming good" he was brought into the club as a player in his mid-twenties, he wasn't supposed to come good he was supposed to BE good. He's not some youth prospect, he's 28 years old, for the wages he was on he should be able to be relied upon to do what he was paid for.

If we're going to be paying wages to players in the hopes that they "become good" in the future I would rather we not do that with players of his age and injury record.

Maybe for the all money it would save, it is worth keeping him

It does beg the question though, in the absence of a manager, who is currently making these footballing decisions?
The Chairman? the CEO? Unsworth and Royle?

Anyone still wondering why we need a director of football....

This is what I get for not letting out my fume in the manager thread...

Why are you bringing Moshiri up?

As for Gibson "coming good" he was brought into the club as a player in his mid-twenties, he wasn't supposed to come good he was supposed to BE good. He's not some youth prospect, he's 28 years old, for the wages he was on he should be able to be relied upon to do what he was paid for.

If we're going to be paying wages to players in the hopes that they "become good" in the future I would rather we not do that with players of his age and injury record.
Why do you hate Everton mate?

WTF???

What did you want him to invest in? Manager IS secured (he's on holiday). Transfer window isn't open yet.

You need a lie down.

It's not even about the drinking though Bungle. He hasn't contributed properly since signing and on that basis alone doesn't deserve this new contract.

That's fair enough mate, I just see it as an odd time to ditch him after he's shown the biggest sign yet that he might be able to put a run of games together and if he can then he's a decent asset.

That's fair enough mate, I just see it as an odd time to ditch him after he's shown the biggest sign yet that he might be able to put a run of games together and if he can then he's a decent asset.

What sign is this?

I would much rather the opportunity and wages be given to someone young and hungry to work and play for the club than Gibson.

Status
Not open for further replies.