Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surprising one I have to admit, I thought he would have moved on. Not against it though, just not the obvious news we were after today so that's gonna leave an obvious bitter taste

Nice bench option for when we sign Bilyaletdinov back anyway

OK, but look at his behaviour since the incident, maybe it was the much needed (albeit it long overdue) kick up the arse he needed. He's played reasonably well towards the end of the season and is regaining fitness. What better incentive but to give him a new contract for trying to turn his career around?

Why are we giving him a new contract to try and turn his career around though?

We're not a rehab center we're a football club ffs. He's barely played football during his original contract, not enough football that I would say he deserves to be given another contract to play more football.

He's already rinsed us for 4 years, why are we letting him do it for another two?

Irrespective of his occupation I'm happy to give people more than one chance in life, even if you aren't. It's to your detriment if that is genuinely your view.

Why though? What has he done to deserve it? He hasn't earned it on the pitch.

He had a second chance when we didn't release him for endangering someone's life whilst driving under the influence. He should count himself lucky he was paid last year, nevermind an extension.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.