Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, yes he did. I watched some old footage of Arteta's early days at Everton recently and I was suprised at what a different player he looked.

Thankyou I knew I hadn't made it up. Arteta didn't even need pace to beat the fullback, half the itme he'd just bamboozle him from a standing start. One game it got so bad that when Arteta started running up the line the opposition full back just retreated into the penalty box to wait for the corss, he didn't even attempt to block him out. When Arteta later moved back into the middle he oculd either dictate with his passing or go past people and run at them (a bit like that time Moyes experimented with him at number 10) such was his quality he could pretty much play anywhere (perhaps only Pienaar out of the current crop of midfielders can come close to this). After his injury however he has not much left but his passing ability (and even now he's still one of the better midfielders in the prem). In his prime he was absolutely wondrous for us and has never been replaced properly.

.....I'm not sure if Irish FA now pick up the tab for his salary. I recall that such arrangements were in place some time ago but don't know if that still applies. Sods law this happened and just hope he's back sooner than expected.

Thankyou I knew I hadn't made it up. Arteta didn't even need pace to beat the fullback, half the itme he'd just bamboozle him from a standing start. One game it got so bad that when Arteta started running up the line the opposition full back just retreated into the penalty box to wait for the corss, he didn't even attempt to block him out. When Arteta later moved back into the middle he oculd either dictate with his passing or go past people and run at them (a bit like that time Moyes experimented with him at number 10) such was his quality he could pretty much play anywhere (perhaps only Pienaar out of the current crop of midfielders can come close to this). After his injury however he has not much left but his passing ability (and even now he's still one of the better midfielders in the prem). In his prime he was absolutely wondrous for us and has never been replaced properly.

That season he got his injury, you could make a case for him being the best CM in the league at that point, he ran everything and was so good he could do it with neville alongside him

Deffo season over. I guess the new aim will be to come back fully fit for 2014/2015 - seems an age away!

Osman must be rubbing his hands with glee.

thank you!

I'd rather it happen at the club who's paying his wages, as opposed to the international team he's been ostracised from for the past 12 months. Since the injury at West Brom last year his Everton career has been stop/start to say the least, he's barely featured this season so I'd direct my ire towards the club for letting him swan off on International duty.

It's just f*cking sods law isn't it? It's like overcoming VD to end up accidentally catching your flailing [Poor language removed] in the car door 5 minutes after the all clear.

Hilarious!!lol

He has never, ever been a fast winger. He didnt go past people with pace, He used what he has now, great footwork, touch and vision, just with a bit more pace.

He did a job wide, but was not a winger as such, but a right midfielder, like Beckham in a way.

He has pretty much always been a central player, its just that in England as a whole, managers were terrified of using smaller more technical players in the middle.

I'd rather it happen at the club who's paying his wages, as opposed to the international team he's been ostracised from for the past 12 months. Since the injury at West Brom last year his Everton career has been stop/start to say the least, he's barely featured this season so I'd direct my ire towards the club for letting him swan off on International duty.

It's just f*cking sods law isn't it? It's like overcoming VD to end up accidentally catching your flailing [Poor language removed] in the car door 5 minutes after the all clear.

In tears at that last bit - nearly spat tea all over my work computer screen, thanks! lol

One consolation is that it looks like FIFA will be paying for him while he is out injured ;
A major point of dispute between clubs and governing bodies has been addressed with FIFA on Friday signing off on its new Club Protection Programme (CPP).

The Programme seeks to tackle the thorny subject of insurance for players whilst they are competing on international duty. The CPP was rubber-stamped at the FIFA Congress in Budapest and will provide clubs with a maximum annual payout of US$9.7 million per player injured whilst competing in games included in FIFA’s international match calendar. The agreement will initially run from September 1 through to the end of 2014.The payouts for any injured player will vary from individual to individual depending on the size of their salaries but the maximum amount payable on an injured player will be $27,000 a day. FIFA said the overall estimated cost of the Programme is around $75 million.

“This is very important and is a significant step forward,” said FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke. A FIFA statement added: “Through the club protection programme FIFA achieves a global harmonised solution on the insurance of players’ question to the benefit of confederations, member associations, players and clubs. With this programme FIFA marks an important step for the benefit of the entire football family in a spirit of dialogue and solidarity.”

UEFA has already established an insurance scheme covering the injury risk of players while on international team duty from the start of Euro 2012. Clubs have long asked for such an initiative, a campaign that intensified after Bayern Munchen lost forward Arjen Robben for six months when the Netherlands winger returned injured from the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

attributed to Kevin Tully on TW

One consolation is that it looks like FIFA will be paying for him while he is out injured ;
A major point of dispute between clubs and governing bodies has been addressed with FIFA on Friday signing off on its new Club Protection Programme (CPP).

The Programme seeks to tackle the thorny subject of insurance for players whilst they are competing on international duty. The CPP was rubber-stamped at the FIFA Congress in Budapest and will provide clubs with a maximum annual payout of US$9.7 million per player injured whilst competing in games included in FIFA’s international match calendar. The agreement will initially run from September 1 through to the end of 2014.The payouts for any injured player will vary from individual to individual depending on the size of their salaries but the maximum amount payable on an injured player will be $27,000 a day. FIFA said the overall estimated cost of the Programme is around $75 million.

“This is very important and is a significant step forward,” said FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke. A FIFA statement added: “Through the club protection programme FIFA achieves a global harmonised solution on the insurance of players’ question to the benefit of confederations, member associations, players and clubs. With this programme FIFA marks an important step for the benefit of the entire football family in a spirit of dialogue and solidarity.”

UEFA has already established an insurance scheme covering the injury risk of players while on international team duty from the start of Euro 2012. Clubs have long asked for such an initiative, a campaign that intensified after Bayern Munchen lost forward Arjen Robben for six months when the Netherlands winger returned injured from the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

attributed to Kevin Tully on TW

Think off all that gravel Bill can buy and all the suntanning Elstone can have with the cash we've saved.....

ROBBIE BRADY is poised to make a rapid return to fitness after injury and the Dubliner could even be in contention for Hull City's Premier League clash with Everton this weekend.

Brady had been expecting a spell on the sidelines after he underwent surgery on a hernia problem two weeks ago, with the club's medical staff predicting a month's absence.

But reports from Hull today claim that Brady has already been working in the gym as part of his recovery and is keen to rejoin his teammates in full training tomorrow, ahead of Saturday's game away to Everton.

Surgery forced Brady to miss Ireland's games against Germany and Kazakhstan, but the 21-year-old will now come back into the frame if friendly games are arranged for next month.

...FFS!

He wasn't going to start against Hull anyway lads, chill. Barry and McCarthy yo!

Still annoying though, would it be cheaper to pay for Gibbo to have bionic legs installed or just buy a new CM?

Status
Not open for further replies.