Danny is a lovely man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually mate I'd rather not patiently wait, and risk us continuing to underperform, before demanding improvement.

Dropping out of the top ten, being overtaken by the likes of Newcastle, West ham, Swansea and Stoke in the process, is unacceptable. That's Stoke who are eight points ahead of us. STOKE. Let that sink in for a second. Stoke, according to the league table, are better than us.

For some clubs, this scenario is not a disaster... But it is for us. Our history and our prestige as a club makes our current position unacceptable. Our finances, partly dependent on high league finishes and the consequent increase in televised games, makes our current position unacceptable. The difficulties that will arise in keeping our best players, and attracting new top-tier signings, make our current position unacceptable.

Does the phrase "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" mean anything to you?

Of course it does.

This season hasn't been good enough.

But we're not going to go down is my point, which is a different one to saying I'm delighted with how things are going.

Of course it does.

This season hasn't been good enough.

But we're not going to go down is my point, which is a different one to saying I'm delighted with how things are going.

we won't go down, due to the simple fact that all the teams below us are utter crud. we've been abysmal for about 4 or 5 months and we're still about 12th. every single game we seem to be saying that was crap, what a crap result etc. but none of them actually seem to be going above us.
we were playing one of them today we missed about 5 sitters against them today, golden opportunities, despite them playing 5 at the back. they had a couple of attacks but didn't really force a save in the whole 90 mins, were gifted two goals by the oppo team and still didn't win.
hell, they didn't even try and win.

this is the calibre we're up against, some uttterly dire teams below us.

no, because you've already copied and pasted what you've written. they'll take it down then you'll create it again without the typo in the thread title and click the paste button - live with your shame and mistakes!

Daft thing is, he could have changed the thread title himself and no-one would have even noticed.
Now everyone will remember when the Bearded Pedant had a spelling nightmare.

*lifts thread ban

Spot on. In terms of performing below expectations this season we are winning by a country mile.

Yep, the end of season below expectation performance award would easily go to us by a landslide. Still the EL though mate, and even though I ain't feeling it right now I've got a 6 year old son looking forward to going the match on Thursday so I'm rightfully telling him Everton are still the greatest team in the world and these draws are just the playears resting for when the bigger games come up ;)

Daft thing is, he could have changed the thread title himself and no-one would have even noticed.
Now everyone will remember when the Bearded Pedant had a spelling nightmare.

*lifts thread ban

based on the two clown errors from people with beards today i will 100% never grow one - sadly it seems a bit of a fad these days.

True mate but it's a pressing matter with concerned Evertonians so the forum is the best place to get these out in the air. Not that we can create solutions but it's still good to talk about it, even if it's a little painful at times to go over the same thing
I'm happy to talk about performances and where we need to improve etc just not relegation.

It is clearly not going to even come close to happening so for me it's just scare mongering (and some wumming) and is starting to suck in some of the more rational posters as well.

Does my head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.