Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But how can they be pony at home? They have Ultras that make a non stop wall of noise that inspires the players to new heights, If only Goodison was like this.

Tough one to call this. Palace are a hit or miss team like ourselves, but with a worse defence. Get on the front foot from the start, and we'll win. But that was the case at Fulham! If the players want to reach a higher level, they need to turn up for this type of game as much they've done lately at home. I'll go for a 2-1 win, more in hope than expectation.

Green shoots of Evertonians' optimism will be extirpated this weekend...
I'm not so sure.... Everton have reached new levels of inconsistent unpredictability this season. So just when you see another 'Fulham' come along 2 weeks later does not guarantee the same outcome. For me this one has 1-1 draw written all over it. Of course taking account of my use of the word 'unpredictability' in the first sentence of my post.

Scott Dann nailed on to score from a set piece and I feel a Zaha penalty is due so we will need to score 3 in my opinion for the win. We should win but this Everton and a glance at the Newcastle and Fulham games worries me.

I'm not so sure.... Everton have reached new levels of inconsistent unpredictability this season. So just when you see another 'Fulham' come along 2 weeks later does not guarantee the same outcome. For me this one has 1-1 draw written all over it. Of course taking account of my use of the word 'unpredictability' in the first sentence of my post.
When it comes to our away form, there are known knowns...and ironically, it's those known knowns (what you describe as: inconsistent unpredictabilities) that consistently conjure accy-busting outcome. Anyway, whatever's in the metaphorical reagent mix, the distillate makes for a rum do.

Everton that

So interested in this game. I think its a real test. And i really want to see us stand up to it. I thought we would do united. I thought we would do arsenal.
I think this is a bigger test.

Status
Not open for further replies.