Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - 1984 video, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Dominic Calvert-Lewin red card was the correct call, to be fair; it was a studs-up challenge that could have resulted in a serious injury. What annoyed me was the fact he didn't have to make the tackle as there was already one of our players dealing with their player. On the plus side, a three-match ban may be a blessing in disguise, as we will have to try someone and something different in the coming games.

Find the 'corruption' shouts tiresome to be honest. One thing it is 100% though it plain incompetence. Ref (and the morons on VAR) are thinking they are being clever. Studs up, over the ball, letter of the law. But just look at the context, the tackle itself and the fact he's over the top of the ball to trap it and play it. It's not even a foul, let alone a red.

Just saying to the Mrs that I remember one ref since var has come out getting sent to the screen and still said no. It was a Bournemouth game I think and guess what never seen him again in the Premier league proves just how much of a joke VAR is

Well that was awful.
Dom getting a very soft red sucks, but he also hasn't been great lately, and Beto is a decent replacement (better than Maupay) so I'm not too concerned about that.
McNeil is a much bigger loss and looks like he might be out for a while.
I guess Andre gets and extended run in the team now?

Find the 'corruption' shouts tiresome to be honest. One thing it is 100% though it plain incompetence. Ref (and the morons on VAR) are thinking they are being clever. Studs up, over the ball, letter of the law. But just look at the context, the tackle itself and the fact he's over the top of the ball to trap it and play it. It's not even a foul, let alone a red.

so if it’s not corrupt or dont say corrupt?
that’s unfair.

The law doesn't state any of that to determine a red card.

Clearly one of the worst decisions you could ever see and fair play to the itv pundits for saying so. But what isn't anyone pointing a finger at Clyne. If he gets up it doesn't happen. It's that cheating prick who should get the 3 game ban

I assume replay will be Tue 16 / Wed 17?
fa cup.jpg

No according to the OS!

lollollol

We will have them at home they hate goodison have nightmares about being surrounded by a few thousand screaming manic lids in a haze of blue smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.