Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We went through a close season without scoring or giving away goals. We drew 0-0 with the same players in the team. The players we have bought will take time to settle. We are where we are at the moment I’m afraid............

I wasn't a fan of Delph's signing, but much has been made of his leadership and vocal abilities and we could have done with more of that today.

It seemed only Coleman was sufficiently stirred up enough.

There are still too many hiders and shirkers but I don't see anyone else from the new signings who could shake things up a bit in that area.

We go off the boil very easily, the period when Pickford had to make the two quick saves was a continuation of a long pattern, the only difference being we didn't concede.

It doesn't take much pressure for the opposition to score, yet we have to knock and knock again to make an impact.

Missed the game so can comment only on the result. Nil-nil away to a seasoned premier league side, first day of the season, new players out or only just getting used to our system, early injury to key player disrupting our flow, and a man sent off.

That’s a good result in the circumstances. Excited that we can build on this as the new players start to get together. I’m going to choose to enjoy my evening.

Ok just finished my triathlon - wasn't a record time and drank far too much.

We were poor. Wham & CP were terrible. Spurs got lucky , Villa were suprising . Citeh are on a different planet to evey other team.

Marco's got lots to work on.

Mostly annoyed at Morgan’s sending off because the first yellow was for dissent, easily avoidable. It wasn’t even on a foul he committed. If he doesn’t do that, then his badly timed but not mean-spirited challenge isn’t an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.