Credit where credit it due....and how to do things with respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if he tried to fake us last night with that Herrero fiasco, but it feels like he might have been trying something amateurish like that to turn the screw on Everton. Whatever the case on that one, he's been shown up on a major stage as someone massively out of his depth in the execution of deals at an elite club. It was staggeringly poor...topped off by that late failed panic bid for Coentrao. He's tried to manage the situation by standing still and showing how resolute he is; but that level he's at now calls for a lot of strategising, flexibility and boldness.

I'd say most of the blame lies with their new CEO. Couldn't imaging Gill operating like that.

I'd say most of the blame lies with their new CEO. Couldn't imaging Gill operating like that.

Would even say Ed Woodward is the prime example of how not to run transfers.
Going loud for long periods on players with little to no interest (Cesc, Thiago)
Slow to start doing actual business
Not doing homework and missing out because no one knew who were to pay CGTs (Herrera)
The farce of the three agents
And ultimately, only starting to work on a trade which should never be a panic buy in the first case (Fellaini)

Trust me fans of any club can claim to have a better transfer window than those at United.

I dont know if he tried to fake us last night with that Herrero fiasco, but it feels like he might have been trying something amateurish like that to turn the screw on Everton. Whatever the case on that one, he's been shown up on a major stage as someone massively out of his depth in the execution of deals at an elite club. It was staggeringly poor...topped off by that late failed panic bid for Coentrao. He's tried to manage the situation by standing still and showing how resolute he is; but that level he's at now calls for a lot of strategising, flexibility and boldness.
no one else to blame now ,he had bill for a blanket and we have no money excuse for years, now he is out in the open for all the world to see. no early movement,last minute panicking, failed bids, fake bids,we ran out of time, oh welcome to the world of the moyes, man united they deserve better.

Maybe, but we have first hand experience of Moyes so we know his patterns whereas we know nothing of Woodward's.

They're blaming Woodward as it's easier than admitting that Moyes is a ditherer in the market. I'd never have a pop at his transfer record, but his dithering was well known.

I'm 100% certain that we'd have not nailed the Lukaku deal last night had Moyes been at the helm, it was always close but no cigar.

Well, part of it is that sports journos know writing about Everton & their pursuit of McCarthy is not gonna get them readers. Not fair to contrast how we handle our transfer business & how Utd does. We can just fly under the radar because well, there isn't much of a radar.

But I totally agree with you on the Felli deal. Thumbs up to whoever handled it (was it BK?), and the player for being a gentleman.

Theyre not going to get readers if DM doesnt give them stories like "i would have thought of the players and let them go". DM pit that i to the press, the journos just write what he says. It is fair to compare as there is a right way and a wrong way of doing things. United chase and subsequent public comments on our way of working were deplorable.

Now then....who said this?

"If someone comes for [Ross] I've always said it, it's expensive to buy off Everton in the main.

"If you're going to come and try to take our better players we don't sell cheap, that's for sure.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not to you we don't you ginger ballbag.

Thank god he's burned his bridges. I had horrible visions of him riding in to save the day after Bill blew all the tele money on a new canteen at FF and Davey got legged from OT blaming everyone but himself and talking about how much Chelsea spend.

They're blaming Woodward as it's easier than admitting that Moyes is a ditherer in the market. I'd never have a pop at his transfer record, but his dithering was well known.

I'm 100% certain that we'd have not nailed the Lukaku deal last night had Moyes been at the helm, it was always close but no cigar.

Woodward does bear the lions share of the blame for this, we all know Moyes' tendencies but its the CEO that is in charge of him.

According to the Mirror, Kenwright's brinkmanship extended to rejecting TWO offers for Fellaini from United during the final hour of the transfer window ! He held all the aces, and knew it. He could afford to walk away without doing a deal - while Moyes couldn't. Even so, rejecting that bid at 10.35pm now looks like genius - it can't have been easy.

Admittedly Kenwright had to pay over the odds to bring in McCarthy because Whelan played the same game, knowing that Everton didn't have any real alternatives lined up. And what of Barry ? If we did agree to pick up his £120,000 wages for the next 12 months it seems very un-Everton like, for all Martinez's hopes that he'll remain a blue for many years to come. The same Mirror article though also states that City will be picking up half of Barry's wages.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-marouane-fellaini-2246496

Thank god Everton managed to get all their business done in those frantic last few minutes.

I've said before, there better be permanent signings made in January or there will be riots down country road, I will lead them myself. There should be at least 10m all said and done for Bobby to spend, this absolutely CANNOT go missing. Leading up to the January window, I suggest we start making banners to take to the match to remind BK we haven't forgotten

I've said before, there better be permanent signings made in January or there will be riots down country road, I will lead them myself. There should be at least 10m all said and done for Bobby to spend, this absolutely CANNOT go missing. Leading up to the January window, I suggest we start making banners to take to the match to remind BK we haven't forgotten

what if they just leave the money somewhere we can all see it until January comes ?

Credit to Bobby as well for his part in the Lukaku signing. Between about 9 and 10, all reports were that Lukaku preferred to join West Brom as he was already familiar with everyone there, then they reported on SSN around 10 that Bobby had made a personal phone call to him and the next minute he'd changed his mind completely

Credit to Bobby as well for his part in the Lukaku signing. Between about 9 and 10, all reports were that Lukaku preferred to join West Brom as he was already familiar with everyone there, then they reported on SSN around 10 that Bobby had made a personal phone call to him and the next minute he'd changed his mind completely
It will have been quite a simple call just to let him know that we had just agreed a deal for big Vic to join WBA and he would obviously keep him out of the starting 11 there so come to Goodison and I'll guarantee you a game - easy choice !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.