Covid passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy theories are comfort blankets for those that can't deal with the complexities of the real world.

How on earth can conspiracy theories be comfort blankets? They’re so far-fetched, unbelievable, and outright terrifying that if you actually believed them you’d drive yourself to a greater depression than if you were just plodding along without a clue getting spoon fed all your information by the media. Definitely no comfort in believing those things.

How on earth can conspiracy theories be comfort blankets? They’re so far-fetched, unbelievable, and outright terrifying that if you actually believed them you’d drive yourself to a greater depression than if you were just plodding along without a clue getting spoon fed all your information by the media. Definitely no comfort in believing those things.
The world is scary and difficult to understand.

If you think some shadowy organisation is orchestrating everything, then that absolves you of having to do any more thinking. Your own failures aren't your fault.

You can put your faith in the Q nuts, or whoever is flavour of the month, and shut out "mainstream media" and "experts," with their nuance. Viewing the world in the black and white terms conspiracy theories promote is much easier than accepting the shades of grey that make up our world.

Have a listen to this, if you're interested.

If you think some shadowy organisation is orchestrating everything, then that absolves you of having to do any more thinking. Your own failures aren't your fault.

You can put your faith in the Q nuts, or whoever is flavour of the month, and shut out "mainstream media" and "experts," with their nuance. Viewing the world in the black and white terms conspiracy theories promote is much easier than accepting the shades of grey that make up our world.

I just disagree with all of that mate, I think you’ve got it completely the wrong way around. Delving into those sorts of rabbit holes is certainly not comforting and definitely don’t make you feel at ease with the world. It’s very dangerous for your mental health to get wrapped up in all that.

The night is dark and full of terrors la

Whilst I agree with the view that in this instance, proof of a negative test could potentially be more beneficial than proof of vaccination, the fact that anyone can “prove” they are “negative” by registering a negative result on the government website without even having to take a test, renders the whole thing quite pointless and extremely unreliable.

I just disagree with all of that mate, I think you’ve got it completely the wrong way around. Delving into those sorts of rabbit holes is certainly not comforting and definitely don’t make you feel at ease with the world. It’s very dangerous for your mental health to get wrapped up in all that.
I think your revulsion towards them is healthy. I'm simply telling you what psychologists say are the attractions.

I believe in science.

Are you saying "they're all in on it"? :Blink:
I wish people would stop saying this mantra. As a physicist, it’s hard to explain quite how stupid people sound when they say it.
When people still didn’t understand something after you explained it to them, we used to literally mock them with phrases like this: “dont worry, physics works”, “trust the science” etc…

Status
Not open for further replies.