Coverage of Everton in the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netromelo

Player Valuation: £8m
Norwegian newspapers after todays match: "Barcelona talent ruined it for Arsenal and Özil".
Norwegian newspapers after the Utd match: "Moyes stumbles against his former club".
Norwegian newspapers after the derby: "Sturridge saves the day in the last minute".
Norwegian newspapers after we beat Chelsea: "Chelsea's worst start to the season in 10 years".

This is just a few examples of headlines in Norwegian newspapers this season. The media here is a disgrace. It's like we don't exist, and the league only consists of ManU, ManC, Chelsea, Lpool, Arsenal and Spurs. And then there is "the rest", who are ignored, no matter how well they are doing. They always twists and turns it to the "top club's" advantage. I just can't believe how biased the journalist are, and how they're all the same, no matter what newspaper it is. This probably annoys me more than it should, but I just have to get this off my chest.

Is it this bad in England and other countries?

Norwegian newspapers after todays match: "Barcelona talent ruined it for Arsenal and Özil".
Norwegian newspapers after the Utd match: "Moyes stumbles against his former club".
Norwegian newspapers after the derby: "Sturridge saves the day in the last minute".
Norwegian newspapers after we beat Chelsea: "Chelsea's worst start to the season in 10 years".

This is just a few examples of headlines in Norwegian newspapers this season. The media here is a disgrace. It's like we don't exist, and the league only consists of ManU, ManC, Chelsea, Lpool, Arsenal and Spurs. And then there is "the rest", who are ignored, no matter how well they are doing. They always twists and turns it to the "top club's" advantage. I just can't believe how biased the journalist are, and how they're all the same, no matter what newspaper it is. This probably annoys me more than it should, but I just have to get this off my chest.

Is it this bad in England and other countries?

No offense mate, but Norway isn't exactly known for being blue-friendly.

To be honest it is not that bad but you can almost feel the relief in the media when any sign of a major Everton revival stumbles.

Not going to lie, I'm typically pretty disappointed with coverage here in the States, but was actually quite pleased today... lots of people talking about how Everton seem to be the real deal. Got me thinking that in the past, maybe the media were a bit harsh on us, "overachievers" and the like, because under Moyes we didn't always play the most attractive football... just a thought.

German reaction to today's game:

Sport.de: http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fus_international/fussball_international_premierleague/artikel_818398.html

"Ozil strike not enough for Arsenal"

Kicker.de:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intligen/startseite/596175/artikel_remis-im-topspiel_oezils-treffer-reicht-arsenal-nicht.html

"Draw in a big game: Ozil strike is not enough for Arsenal"

So yeah, same as

So called pundits just do not like other teams making them actually earn their money. It it is all too effortless for these beauts to just turn up and say a few extremely easy words for the soft quid on offer. Robbie Savage plays a leading role in this masquerade of sloppy pathetic journalism

Not going to lie, I'm typically pretty disappointed with coverage here in the States, but was actually quite pleased today... lots of people talking about how Everton seem to be the real deal. Got me thinking that in the past, maybe the media were a bit harsh on us, "overachievers" and the like, because under Moyes we didn't always play the most attractive football... just a thought.

I agree. The headlines were Arsenal driven, sure, but many articles I've seen have treated us surprisingly well.

So called pundits just do not like other teams making them actually earn their money. It it is all too effortless for these beauts to just turn up and say a few extremely easy words for the soft quid on offer. Robbie Savage plays a leading role in this masquerade of sloppy pathetic journalism

250,000 + follow Daily Mirror's football feed. It's quite tragic really. I hope none of them are Blues because they truly have it in for us.

ESPN.com says:

"Deulofeu denies Gunners"

NBCSports.com says:

"Arsenal 1-1 Everton: Late breakthroughs cancel as Deulofeu denies Arsenal all 3 points"

NewYorkTimes.com says:

"Arsenal Frustrated by Deulofeu's Late Equaliser"

Last edited:
I do not mind. Although I read the paper yesterday and there was next to nothing about Everton.

One quote though. Everton have only lost 8 league blames in the last 61 (now 62). You have to go back to the 60's to get a better run.

Status
Not open for further replies.