Continuous mentality problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentality was when John Stones had a lie down to start the second half at the pit and begged off. Tonight was ill-timed injuries and a pretty dire set of players.

The whole club is enshrined in a loser mentality, i think it is a 2 way thing but as fans we mostly go into games expecting to get beat, especially derby games and away games at the top clubs, we are a very loyal, almost obsessed fan base and we believe we should be at the top end of the table.... in short we are deluded, reality is we are perennial losers, a change of mentality is needed and that can only come from the very top of the club, we need a very clear statement of intent from Moshiri, otherwise what's the point of bothering?
This.

Wasn't the mentality for me tonight. We saw the way we went about it in the first half, we believed they could win that game.

Biggest problem is they had better players than us all over the park. Generally that's why we usually lose to them so often, because they're the better team.
Fully agree. Last night their players had that extra bit of quality. It's been the same for nigh on 30 years. We may fondly believe we can stock our team with mid range players and wonder kids , but the reality is if you want to be a top club you need top quality players. If this new regime is serious in its intent ,we need to see some improvement in the quality of the team this transfer window, not potential but actual quality.

As some have said before, mentality was there last night. What isn't there, is a link up of play between Lukaku, Barkley and Valencia. They all play as individuals, and not for together. They don't pass and move. They don't/can't read each others games. They don't know where the other will be running the play the ball.

It's shocking, and it's no better when Mirallas and Deulofeu are in the team.

I feel a bit "mystic meg"I'm sure I'm not alone,from half time on with the Barry sub we slowly went to pieces to the point you knew what would happen,my heart sank when I saw eight minutes injury time,id have gladly taken the point then,and thereby possibly lies the crux,we're happy to settle for a draw at home to them every time,small time mentality rules us these days unfortunately.

The whole club is enshrined in a loser mentality, i think it is a 2 way thing but as fans we mostly go into games expecting to get beat, especially derby games and away games at the top clubs, we are a very loyal, almost obsessed fan base and we believe we should be at the top end of the table.... in short we are deluded, reality is we are perennial losers, a change of mentality is needed and that can only come from the very top of the club, we need a very clear statement of intent from Moshiri, otherwise what's the point of bothering?

Can't blame the fans last night we were excellent. Often think if I was a fan of another club I would look at Evertonians and wonder how we keep turning up to derbies and always failing to win - don't know how we do do it. But we do, the day will come but my god its painful

hmmmmm the fans quickly turned on Martinez and his possession football, (3 nil up v QPR and booing anyone?),over a period of time they have destroyed Barkley to the point where he is a nervous wreck, now everyone is up in arms because we are too direct.
it is not a new thing, Everton fans have a long illustrious past of turning on our own, no wonder players are making simple mistakes aots.
That said the football this year has been without direction and purpose leading us into the most important 6 months in our history in terms of the next 2 transfer windows, failure from Moshiri and Koeman to act and put some proper building blocks in place will I fear lead to people giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.