2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.

So are we still believing the whole “can’t play in a back four” lie? ?

He is class. Puts himself in good positions, good communicator and above all a leader. Solid with him and Tarkowski back there.

Didn't think I could love an Everton player as much as Dom but he's close. Watching him through this vid he's the leader we've missed.

It's almost laughable that he's not club captain from watching those vids. He's almost acting like a coach in the pre match drills. Whilst Coleman is silent.

As little disrespect to Coleman as possible, but I feel his captaincy is just a gesture of goodwill to a great professional at this point. Coady is our captain, even when he's not wearing the armband.

I wonder if Coady and Tarks will get called up for the WC.

Our Bonucci and Chiellini.
They won't, but they're probably amongst the best centre half pairings in the division. They're not fashionable enough for England, which is laughable when Harry Maguire, a genuine Championship quality player, is seen as undroppable.

I know people have a go at social media and all that but genuinely seeing all these lads in the squad publicly getting on so well only adds to how likeable this squad has become in such a short space of time.

I’m sure this was something Lampard got figured out straight away but even as fans looking from the outside before you could easily see cliques forming in small clusters whereas now it seems everyone’s friends with each other.

Before you’d have maybe Spanish, French or Portuguese speakers all segmenting themselves away even when they could speak English well whereas now it’s very clear that they’re all in it for each other, which must make it so much easier to play on the same team and integrate into the squad, for the new players especially like you can see in these pics.

It's almost laughable that he's not club captain from watching those vids. He's almost acting like a coach in the pre match drills. Whilst Coleman is silent.

As little disrespect to Coleman as possible, but I feel his captaincy is just a gesture of goodwill to a great professional at this point. Coady is our captain, even when he's not wearing the armband.
I'd agree if Lampard hadn't spoken so highly of Coleman. Think he does a lot we don't see that often, just thinking back to how supportive Coleman was during pre-season while he was fighting a horribly painful injury, just running around and picking up the spirits of the atmosphere.

He will be 30 next year. He's still operating at a high level, doesn't appear to be carrying any long term knock and does have a lean build which should help him stay fit but 12m for a 30 year old next year seems steep. I guess there are enough examples of defenders playing deep into their 30s for it to not be too much of an issue. Depending how his fitness goes for the balance of the season yep I'm in...

Bit sad when our two elder recruits are fitter than all our younger hungry players hoping to have cemented a place by now.
This is Everton , I fully expect him to rupture a disc in his back when putting down the pen after signing his permanent contract

Status
Not open for further replies.