Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if I was a Wolves fan, I would ask why on earth would they agreed to it. Like, if he is good, (he clearly is), unless they have a ready made, cheaper, (wages) on the books already, why strengthen a PL rival?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He simply doesn't fit into our new formation. If we were continuing with a back 5 then he would definitely be staying, But a back 4 is not going to play to his strengths, and I'm sure he has eyes on the England squad. I think it is fair all round.
Is he the only centre half in the world that can only play in a back 5?

Does he crumble to pieces in a back 4?

I assume defenders medicals these days now involve checks to see what players legs are made of......??? Anything above 'dry pasta' will be an improvement.

So, if I was a Wolves fan, I would ask why on earth would they agreed to it. Like, if he is good, (he clearly is), unless they have a ready made, cheaper, (wages) on the books already, why strengthen a PL rival?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He simply doesn't fit into our new formation. If we were continuing with a back 5 then he would definitely be staying, But a back 4 is not going to play to his strengths, and I'm sure he has eyes on the England squad. I think it is fair all round.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't crumble, just lacks the pace needed. Sitting in the middle of a back 5, he is able to organise, and cut out anything that gets past the players in front of him. Make no mistake, he will organise your defence, he will not let them sleep, and can play some brilliant long balls out from defence. If it is a loan with option to buy, I would be surprised if the option wasn't taken to keep him. as long as you play with a back 5.

This seems to be based on the fact that he was primarily a sweeper for Wolves, where a back 5 was such a part of their identity that supporters sang, "five at the back and pace in attack." Gareth Southgate expressed uncertainty over how Coady would perform in a back 4 for the national team, and that public hesitation in 2019 has probably been gnawing away at Coady, who is apparently making the move in an effort to get minutes and try to make the national squad. In actual practice, he seems to have done fine in a back 4 when given the chance, and if making the national squad is his goal, he must be keen to play in a back 4 for us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't crumble, just lacks the pace needed. Sitting in the middle of a back 5, he is able to organise, and cut out anything that gets past the players in front of him. Make no mistake, he will organise your defence, he will not let them sleep, and can play some brilliant long balls out from defence. If it is a loan with option to buy, I would be surprised if the option wasn't taken to keep him. as long as you play with a back 5.
Would you say he's been played as a sweeper?

Even in a back three he always seems off the back of it.

The long passing marks him out as a Libero...which for a Kopite wool makes him sound a bit grand, I grant you.

Fabien Alain Barthez is a French racing driver and former professional footballer who played as a goalkeeper. At club level, he played football in both France and England with Toulouse, Marseille, AS Monaco, Manchester United, and Nantes.
Nantes for defo

So we are accepting kopites all of a sudden?

The hateful half dozen plus 2 have no scruples.
I have no issue accepting kopites if they give 100% and are actually good at their jobs.

Had plenty of issue accepting that washed up dinosaur Benitez who I wouldn’t have touched even if he was a true blue, season ticket holder for decades

Status
Not open for further replies.