Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is and the key detail is "option" to buy , wolves wanted an obligation. That's where in the past we would have fell over and went for it.

So, if I was a Wolves fan, I would ask why on earth would they agreed to it. Like, if he is good, (he clearly is), unless they have a ready made, cheaper, (wages) on the books already, why strengthen a PL rival?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He simply doesn't fit into our new formation. If we were continuing with a back 5 then he would definitely be staying, But a back 4 is not going to play to his strengths, and I'm sure he has eyes on the England squad. I think it is fair all round.

fair enough if this is a season long loan.

he'll be pushing for a place in the England squad.

any longer, and we could find ourselves shafted again with another player on the Everton gravy train.

fair enough if this is a season long loan.

he'll be pushing for a place in the England squad.

any longer, and we could find ourselves shafted again with another player on the Everton gravy train.
Just don't give him a 5-year deal and we can't lose. He's 29 and his game doesn't rely on pace. He's easily good enough for this season on loan then a 2-year deal with further option of a year on the club's side. £10m or so is a bargain for a proven (time and time again) Premier League centre half. He's twice the player of £80m Maguire.

Tongue in cheek, famous quote from Withnail and I.
Withnail and I is a great comic fictitious film. Dom's mental health issues are real, he has been open about them, and Frank has commented about supporting him.

I am sure you didn't intend any harm, but tongue in cheek comments like that can be very hurtful in this situation.

So, if I was a Wolves fan, I would ask why on earth would they agreed to it. Like, if he is good, (he clearly is), unless they have a ready made, cheaper, (wages) on the books already, why strengthen a PL rival?
In fairness, on Twitter a lot of wolves fans do seem a bit confused / annoyed at this deal

Status
Not open for further replies.