Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, but if he forms a good partnership with JT, well that'll be a coup in itself.
Yeah. It's all to be tested.

He has a lot to prove here. That's a good thing.

One possible negative is that he implausibly believes himself to be a possible England World Cup squad member. If that does happen then we'll have a player who'll be struggling to acclimitise again to the PL (one strength we have is the lack of Everton players due at the World Cup...one of the lowest in the PL believe); and if he isn't chosen does his head go down?

Yeah. It's all to be tested.

He has a lot to prove here. That's a good thing.

One possible negative is that he implausibly believes himself to be a possible England World Cup squad member. If that does happen then we'll have a player who'll be struggling to acclimitise again to the PL (one strength we have is the lack of Everton players due at the World Cup...one of the lowest in the PL believe); and if he isn't chosen does his head go down?
Yep, that's the question, does his head go down or can he lift his and other heads around him.
He seems to have the right manager behind him, but Lamps can't do it on the pitch.

Yep, that's the question, does his head go down or can he lift his and other heads around him.
He seems to have the right manager behind him, but Lamps can't do it on the pitch.
That's the thing with the loan. If he was on a 3 year deal or whatever then it isn't an issue.

This loan deal seems all about handing him a chance to make the World Cup squad.

That decision is made pretty early in the season, so does his motivation flag thereafter either way?

Was bit apprehensive about this signing at first but after watching his interview can tell theirs no RS snide in this lad, bonus his family are all blues too, we’re gonna take to this one??

Was bit apprehensive about this signing at first but after watching his interview can tell theirs no RS snide in this lad, bonus his family are all blues too, we’re gonna take to this one??
I wasn't overly keen on this signing for a number of reasons but his interview completely won me over. He looks and sounds "honestly" overjoyed to be a Blue.

He's a Kopite with a big gob and he's on loan for season. He has it all to do to persuade me. He's never looked anything like a good player.

I'll wait to see what he does here to pass judgement.
Dave he may well say, You're a blue with a big gob,who's never played football, and has absolutely need to convince you of anything.

But he may well reserve that judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.