Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is 42 and apparently has at least 2 job offers in Spain.

Let's hope that he can learn from his experience here and I for one wish him good luck for the future as he seemed a decent bloke.

My wish now is that we appoint someone who really can have us fighting hard for the title and not just a top 4 finish.
Bring it on Mr Mosh

It should of happened much sooner, I wish him all the best the job was just too big for him and the players hung him out to dry.

Martinez is 42 and apparently has at least 2 job offers in Spain.

Let's hope that he can learn from his experience here and I for one wish him good luck for the future as he seemed a decent bloke.

My wish now is that we appoint someone who really can have us fighting hard for the title and not just a top 4 finish.
Bring it on Mr Mosh

We're a decent club. We have some utter whoppers following us. But 99.5% of our fans are sound.

I wish him (Martinez) all the best.

We're a decent club. We have some utter whoppers following us. But 99.5% of our fans are sound.

I wish him (Martinez) all the best.

I would change that to about 80% mate. We have much more than 0.5% whoppers in our fan base.

I think Martinez got us and always spoke well of the club. Unfortunately the gap between his actions and words grew further and further and he began to look delusional.

It's saddened me it has ended with him being criticised and the players hanging him out to dry. Breakups are rarely nice and I think the cowardice of some on the board put him through more than they should of. I will wish him well and bizarrely I think he will always speak well of us. Thank you for conducting yourself with integrity and speaking well of the club.

A nice man but in the end not good enough.

It's very heartening to see how dignified most of the comments are on this thread. It's things like this that make me proud to be a Blue. Roberto deserves respect, even though he pushed it towards the end.

Passion for the club could be just what we need

Passion is vital I agree, but if we want to bring in some quality exciting capable players, then a manager with some clout and reputation who has won domestic and European trophies as both a player and a manager is what we need.

How many quality up and coming European players will want to come and play for Alan Stubbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.