Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 from a possible 9 is a great start and judging by our squad, fitness and sharpness, there is still a lot more to come.

3 seasons ago, we got our highest prem points but finished 5th. Most seasons we would have been 4th or higher (2nd last year)

The fact that both United, City and Chelsea have 9 points has me concerned that we may do something similar this season. Obviously don't wann jump the gun and a strong season would be a massive improvement on the last couple, but does anyone get the feeling that it's gonna be a lot pushing for top places compared to last year?

None of those clubs have played anybody of note yet. Out of the superearly current top 4, we're the only side that has played another legitimate top 4 contender in Spurs.

(Yes, I'm still counting West Ham as midtable crap)

So far we have 4/6 at home
So far we have 3/3 away

Target (top 6)
At home we need to secure 40/57
Away we need to secure 20/57

This would give us 60 points and we should be in and around 5th/6th.

At the moment we are picking up results while not playing well, at some point we will hit form, but at the same time we are very likely to have a lull.

We certainly have some very winnable games coming up, lets just keep riding the coaster and worry about it stopping when if it stops.

it is a long season, let's just aim for 60 points and if we get more than that great.

that being said it is very refreshing to not drop points in these early 'easy' fixtures and not have to spend the whole season saying 'oh if only we hadn't lost to QPR at home back in august'

I am very encouraged by the fact that Koeman has had these lads for a few weeks and a sharp change can be seen already. He's taken a side low on confidence and a defence shot to bits and got them playing, even in 4 competitive games we look a completely different side and the new recruits along with Holgate's promotion have embedded far faster than expected.
If RK can do that in a couple of months I think there's every reason to be very optimistic about the season.

It's going to be harder this year to get top 4. The richest clubs have got their act together

The Empire strikes back, as it were. Leicester are good enough to challenge top 6 still but the top 3 will be made out of the the only clubs to have otherwise won the Prem in the last decade.

4th could be on tho' :cheers:

Apparently Koeman himself has said the transformation will take at least two years so to judge before then would be an unfair assessment.

Some may see that as slight cop out, however as you rightly put it we are only three games in and there's still a lot to do to really challenge.

At least we haven't got moyes making statements about Sunderland fighting relegation though.

What does concern me is RK usually only hangs about for 2 seasons, ajax being the exception. I don't want another rebuild after 2 years of steady progression. It only takes another RM to ruin all that hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.