Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickpop

Player Valuation: £2.5m
7 from a possible 9 is a great start and judging by our squad, fitness and sharpness, there is still a lot more to come.

3 seasons ago, we got our highest prem points but finished 5th. Most seasons we would have been 4th or higher (2nd last year)

The fact that both United, City and Chelsea have 9 points has me concerned that we may do something similar this season. Obviously don't wann jump the gun and a strong season would be a massive improvement on the last couple, but does anyone get the feeling that it's gonna be a lot pushing for top places compared to last year?

I actually think 4th will be a little less points this year. The reason we finished 5th three seasons ago with that many points was because there wasnt a clear #1. In years where there is a clear #1 and #2 team, they dominate all of the lower competition and drive points down for all of the other teams. When there arent clearly dominant teams points get spread around a bit more. What we REALLY want is 2 really dominant teams that just beat everybody(which I think there will be this year), that makes it a little easier to make top 4 or top 6 with say, 62 points.

7 from a possible 9 is a great start and judging by our squad, fitness and sharpness, there is still a lot more to come.

3 seasons ago, we got our highest prem points but finished 5th. Most seasons we would have been 4th or higher (2nd last year)

The fact that both United, City and Chelsea have 9 points has me concerned that we may do something similar this season. Obviously don't wann jump the gun and a strong season would be a massive improvement on the last couple, but does anyone get the feeling that it's gonna be a lot pushing for top places compared to last year?

We're going to piss the league.

We need at least 3 players in crucial positions and need to get rid of at least 6 to compete. Next season, maybe

Let's not go overboard just yet, folks.

Clearly there are signs of improvement, but three games is nowhere near enough to make a judgement.
Apparently Koeman himself has said the transformation will take at least two years so to judge before then would be an unfair assessment.

Some may see that as slight cop out, however as you rightly put it we are only three games in and there's still a lot to do to really challenge.

City haven't got 9 points mate, they have 6 and haven't played this week yet.

Three games in mate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.