come on kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not a bloody blue worth their salt who hasn't heard every bloody argument under the sun so ask yourself why ask such a bloody stupid question to a life long blue. At the end of the day I will do what the board want, they will arrange it, they will do what is best because they know better than me and I trust them. If you have a problem with that that is your fault but you anti Kirkby crowd make those protesting rs seem sensible. Please don't come out with the [Poor language removed] Kirkby argument it bores the [Poor language removed] out of me, it is old news, it is hair splitting to point of stupidity.

If I had my way all stadium talk would be banned from this site because it settles nothing, is devisive and none of us will change our opinions so let the crap stop.

i suppose i asked the "bloody stupid question" as i thought it was "bloody stupid" to present those as the only 2 options.
i don't see the relevance of the "lifelong blue" reference, tbh.
i have no problem with your faith in the board, maybe it's well-placed.
why do all you pro-kirkby crowd like to label everybody? i'm not anti-kirkby, i've just got some concerns which have caused my intial enthusiasm to be superceded by increasing scepticism.
not really interest in rs, unless it affects everton.
i'm not in a position to preach to anybody either way on this issue, where i have joined the debate it's generally to ask questions.
if kirkby does go ahead i hope my concerns prove to be wrong & that the relocation is a huge success for the club.
however, if you're so bored of the kirkby debate why make the post that i responded to in the first place?

I think you've been sound when talking about the move Dennis in fairness. The bottom line is that its all opinions and no-one can say which one is right. The move will mean different things to different people.

I think that Monty was referring that post to the other lad who mentioned the out of town thing.

Last edited:
on the issue of how good BK is as chairman, i agree with suitsblue and chico, sign of the apocalypse?

when i'm arguing about football with friends that support teams in other leagues, the one thing they always agree to is that atleast everton are one of the last truly english clubs that still does well, without foreign ownership or a vast majority of foreign players. if BK sold, i'm sure both of those things would change.

in conclusion, the only person i'd want to buy Everton is Rocky Balboa (not sylvester stallone, but the character he played)

i suppose i asked the "bloody stupid question" as i thought it was "bloody stupid" to present those as the only 2 options.
i don't see the relevance of the "lifelong blue" reference, tbh.
i have no problem with your faith in the board, maybe it's well-placed.
why do all you pro-kirkby crowd like to label everybody? i'm not anti-kirkby, i've just got some concerns which have caused my intial enthusiasm to be superceded by increasing scepticism.
not really interest in rs, unless it affects everton.
i'm not in a position to preach to anybody either way on this issue, where i have joined the debate it's generally to ask questions.
if kirkby does go ahead i hope my concerns prove to be wrong & that the relocation is a huge success for the club.
however, if you're so bored of the kirkby debate why make the post that i responded to in the first place?

Sorry Dennis I just spied it, I've seen so many kids parroting crap and as Chico said that out of town thing kickied me off, I apologise as I was out of order mate;)

Sorry Dennis I just spied it, I've seen so many kids parroting crap and as Chico said that out of town thing kickied me off, I apologise as I was out of order mate;)
no probs, monty. i have to admit until this all cropped up, if somebody had asked me where kirkby was i'd have said "liverpool". i respect that some people feel strongly about that line on the map, but for me whatever the benefits & risks may be, they're not determined by which side of an arbitrary line the stadium is.

no probs, monty. i have to admit until this all cropped up, if somebody had asked me where kirkby was i'd have said "liverpool". i respect that some people feel strongly about that line on the map, but for me whatever the benefits & risks may be, they're not determined by which side of an arbitrary line the stadium is.

Thanks mate;)

With the recent revelation, I think the obvious conclusion is that Sir Paul McCartney is buying in. Maybe not the cash of the saudis but we could have the coolest ownership

McCartney's a tool. You just know he thought Wings were better than the Beatles. Lennon would turn in his urn if he saw Macca these days.

I've always seen Kirkby as part of Liverpool. Not a particularly nice part, but have to agree with whoever said Huyton, Cannibal Farm etc are Liverpool. Don't try and tell me the people there aren't scousers.

Last edited:
What do you mean, Kirkby is going to be dead posh when the stadium goes up. Blundellsands will have [Poor language removed] on it.
The out of the city argument is a desperate one, Garston would be further away yet technically still in the city. Would a stadium in Bootle be backed, that would take the club "out of the city" into Sefton.

The stadium thing is a pain in the arse now, theres two options.

1 - The votes been cast, see what happens. If something better happens then sound.
2 - Hurry up and create FC Ton of Ever so the fraction group can get on with it.

The bottom line is, where they turn up we will go. We'll moan like [Poor language removed] at new age soccer and pine for the old night time matches at Goodison but we'll still go. And when we win something everything will be ace again.

I like Kenwright. As noted, he's an Evertonian, which is nice, and he's been very smart in first bringing in and then supporting Moyes. Davie's now the third longest serving manager in the Prem. That might not be the case if we had a more reactionary chairman. Also, as far as I'm aware, he's managed to structure our debt efficiently and supply Moyes with finances - not with massive sums but, to be realistic, we simply don't have the revenue to splash out like others. It's always going to be a slowly, slowly process.

With regards to the Kirby move - I admit there's a part of me that doesn't like the technicality of being outside city boundaries. Still, it makes economic sense. It's simply illogical to have mistrust of the board: they benefit if the club succeeds.

It's probably also worth noting that the apparent dearth of intrest from investors would likely change if we had a new stadium. Luckily, Kenwright has more than just profit on his mind so I'm confident that if he does sell the club (I think it will happen, within two years of the new stadium being built) it won't be to our detriment.

The only concern I have is that, as well as the three clubs currently above us, there are four or five clubs presently below us that are likely to be able to spend more than us in the summer. I'd hate to think we'd lose ground because of this. So far that hasn't been the case, though, and I think Moyes (and now the team, too) relishes the challenge.

First post, btw. Long time lurker, though.

By the by, when are the results of the planning application going to be delivered?

Evertonianstu, always the last to knowlol

I like Kenwright. As noted, he's an Evertonian, which is nice, and he's been very smart in first bringing in and then supporting Moyes. Davie's now the third longest serving manager in the Prem. That might not be the case if we had a more reactionary chairman. Also, as far as I'm aware, he's managed to structure our debt efficiently and supply Moyes with finances - not with massive sums but, to be realistic, we simply don't have the revenue to splash out like others. It's always going to be a slowly, slowly process.

With regards to the Kirby move - I admit there's a part of me that doesn't like the technicality of being outside city boundaries. Still, it makes economic sense. It's simply illogical to have mistrust of the board: they benefit if the club succeeds.

It's probably also worth noting that the apparent dearth of intrest from investors would likely change if we had a new stadium. Luckily, Kenwright has more than just profit on his mind so I'm confident that if he does sell the club (I think it will happen, within two years of the new stadium being built) it won't be to our detriment.

The only concern I have is that, as well as the three clubs currently above us, there are four or five clubs presently below us that are likely to be able to spend more than us in the summer. I'd hate to think we'd lose ground because of this. So far that hasn't been the case, though, and I think Moyes (and now the team, too) relishes the challenge.

First post, btw. Long time lurker, though.

Welcome to the forum mate, with posts as good as that keep them coming;)

Status
Not open for further replies.