Colin Harvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on my first visit to Liverpool in October 1990, just before he stepped down on Kendall's return. At the time I was a sports journalist in my home town and managed to see the team train at Bellefield. I remember Southall giving me a few odd looks, but Harvey was great. My young cousin, who lived in Crosby at the time, was collecting autographs and was a player short of completing the set. I think it was Ebbrell. Anyway, after answering a couple of questions about whether he felt under pressure because of the team's slow start, he gladly took the autograph book into the change room and got the signature. A true gentleman.

Wrongly I know. Always considered CH to be the least stellar name out of the 3, can someone who remembers put me right again?

Why was Colin Harvey so revered in our Holy Trinity, as a footballer, what was it really like to watch him and the dynamic he played in that midfield?

There‘s a lad at Blackburn who could be the next Colin Harvey. If only he had Colin Harvey’s attitude.
Every Premier League team except Burnley have been watching him. Dyche likes him but so does everybody else.

Without doubt one of, if not THE, nicest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Absolute gentleman and a wonderful human.

Happy Birthday Mr Harvey 💙

Reactions: kev

Who was he compatible with from more recent times?
Perhaps Rooney as a local born player but Colin was a midfielder - He trained young Wayne & when Rooney was in his pomp & did some great passes - I just wondered I have seen those types of passes before - from Colin Harvey as a player .....

Colin was loyal & stayed with the blues under the greed of players back then, Wayne was not .....

Status
Not open for further replies.