Colin Harvey-75 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just love this
47F16077-05CA-45BB-B323-D6F245ACEE25.jpeg

Now a Spar! But back to Colin, gentleman and his abilities on the pitch and contribution to the club we love may be overlooked by some, but reading these tributes makes me realise the majority who saw or know the man realise what a great Evertonian Mr Harvey is. Happy Birthday.
Really??? A Spar??? Blimey, what a shame!!
Back to Harvey!! Met him after a pre-season friendly in Rotterdam. Really open and friendly. Offered me a visit to Bellefield if I fancied it. Took my number and rang me when back in England!!! Unbelievable. I was out when he rang. The look on my dad’s face when I got in and he told me Colin Harvey had just rung and was ringing again in 15 minutes!!

I remember at the time that the reported wages he was on was about 4 times the most a joiner could earn ,if I remember right the best bonuses were if you worked on the blocks on Sheil road . It shows how ridiculous the wages are now .
And 99% are not fit to lace his boots.

TBH he was not cut out to be Man Manager - he could communicate hard as a coach, but not as a Manager he was strict as after being under his mentor The Catt - he tried this tactic in a different era , and it did not work hence whe Howard came back he slotted happily as his no 2 again.....
A fantastic player, a great coach, and a a true Blue - Happy Birthday to the last one standing of the best midfield this club will ever see - their football was uncoached just telepathic combination of dazzling movements in midfield playing on mud bath pitches v hatchet men in that era.....
Spot on that Joe!

I was having an argument with a RS mate about the holy trinity and I said their interplay, their awareness of each other and the rest of the team was entirely instinctive, telepathic even. I said I had only ever seen that level of interplay once since and that was the xavi, iniesta, messi triangle. He of course disputed this as he said that none of the three were as good as messi. I pointed out that I hadn’t claimed that they were but that the interplay was the same. He then went off one one of his RS tirades, ”if they were that good why were they so poor in Europe etc.”. So the argument was not settled, I just said was a fat sweaty blert and that his mum was a Tory slag, so I feel I held the moral high ground on behalf of all Evertonians!

Status
Not open for further replies.