Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 weeks more lockdown takes us to 7 May. Not clear at all what happens at that point.

Best case scenario (but still completely implausible imo), players can start training again. Theyd need 2 weeks probably? Takes it to around weekend of 22 May. That gives roughly 6 weeks for 9 games plus cup and europe.

I cant see it happening at all and feel it would be reckless if it did. The idea that one of the first relaxation measures we should introduce is to allow people to kick a ball round a field is actually mad when I think about it.

2 weeks??

Most of them been training on their home treadmill and back garden for the past 4 weeks and will be for the next 4 atleast aswell. They’d need at least 6 weeks pre-season training before competitive matches could be played. They’re humans, it’s not a game of Fifa or champ man

2 weeks??

Most of them been training on their home treadmill and back garden for the past 4 weeks and will be for the next 4 atleast aswell. They’d need at least 6 weeks pre-season training before competitive matches could be played. They’re humans, it’s not a game of Fifa or champ man

I said it was implausible. I dont think its realistic at all.

The world can not go on hold till we find a vaccine for a Coronavirus, which for the record the human race has never done.
If Germany is anything to go by then we could see the league return in June, prob towards the end of the month. Germany are opening things again come Monday and schools to follow a fortnight after

If Germany is anything to go by then we could see the league return in June, prob towards the end of the month. Germany are opening things again come Monday and schools to follow a fortnight after
Large public gatherings remain banned in Germany until 31st August however.

According to some professor from Denmark the German stats are bull. They will get caught out.
Apparently they are only recording deaths where they had CV when they died. Not any of the ones who died of pneumonia brought on by CV or any other illness caused by it if CV was no longer present. He said he can't believe how they are getting away with it.
When you think about it if you are in ICU for 1/2 weeks the chances are you won't have it any more whether you survive or not.

I just think theres too much money involved for it not to start before any reasonable person would think.

Greed will drive it.
can’t agree mate sorry. We’re looking at another 6 weeks of lockdown probably, which takes us to the end of may. Then they’ll start releasing slowly. Not enough time for football to start again given that they’ll need training etc

Status
Not open for further replies.