Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
League should just tell Sky and BT straight, we live in unprecedented times.

Broadcasters want to throw a fit and sue them, good, just sell the rights to Amazon/in-house PL streaming season. Cut out the middle man and make more money.

Obviously Sky and BT are rats but a lot of clubs will be wanting to get that next tranche of money due, which is only gonna happen if the games are completed, hence no-one wanting to null and void right now.

Obviously Sky and BT are rats but a lot of clubs will be wanting to get that next tranche of money due, which is only gonna happen if the games are completed, hence no-one wanting to null and void right now.

I thought someone said they’ve been paid literally before this all happened and Sky/Bt want rebating because of it

All the meetings this week and the ones in 2 or 3 weeks will be about being adamant that the league must be completed for the integrity of the competition.

But when it gets to July and this still hasn’t happened and isn’t going to be possible for the forseeable - the outcome will be ending this season, voiding all results and planning ahead to the new season. And the big dilemma then will be around how clubs can safely return to pre-season. The pre-season will need to be much longer than normal too otherwise there’ll be a lot of injuries!

The rules in place now and being enforced requiring isolation and limited physical contact won't be eased until we have a Codiv19 vaccine, otherwise
there'd be no point in having those rules in place now. Agreed?

Medical research people have been consistent when telling us that it's likely to be about 18 months until they succeed in finding one, testing it, and building
enough supply to actually vaccinate us all. That would take us to about August/September 2021.

So, that'd mean there'd be no 20/21 season at all and we wouldn't have completed this season. Where do you think we should go from there?

Postpone the start of the 2021/22 season and complete 2019/20? Or what?

Do you think so? I think this is a very dangerous argument.

What will lift people's spirits is stopping people dying. Helping NHS workers perform miracles on a daily basis. Football clubs opening there grounds and facilities for the summer. I may speak for myself, but I will not be in the least bit bothered about this season and football, and would actually feel very conflicted if we re-started while a raging pandemic was running. I can watch other things on TV in the interim. My entitlement to watching football really has to be placed in the context of what is happening, and the answer is really easy.

As for the idiots of Liverpool suggesting them stealing a title they haven't earned would lift the mood. It would make (at best) no difference, and at worst would be the exact sort of selfish profiteering in a crisis that would cause enormous anger. Essentially trying to use a crisis and people's deaths to claim something they haven't earned. The absolutely worst of humanity that.

True to form so

What is clear is something is going to have to give next season & it wont be a conventional Aug - May calendar. Yesterday's UEFA meeting effectively ruled out the start of next season until September and before you consider the loss of those weeks, you need to add in the extra international fixtures which need to be added to the calendar; so you are probably talking 5 weeks lost - to date there also seems a commitment from the major european leagues to act collectively in continuing or voiding, when the next round of decisions is made...

My first post in this thread was widely ridiculed, when I said that I wouldn't be surprised if the Euros moves again to the same slot as the Qatar 2022 WC and we end up with two seasons from Jan - Oct, with a mid-summer break across Europe; I still wouldnt be shocked if this is where this all pans out
You are getting desperate now

I’ve just had an email that an apartment I had booked for the 19/20 June in town (quest) with me and my mrs it’s been cancelled and states why.

this season isn’t resuming whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.