Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate says that you don’t need ambulances or medical staff on hand for behind closed doors games that’s only for fans, he said club doctors and physios would be enough, I can’t find anything about this on the net, is he right?
Tell him Fabrice Muamba says Hi.

The idea that there’d be competitive professional games without medical back up present when there’s multi million pound players running round the pitch, is for the birds.

May have been mentioned earlier in the thread but the distinct possibility of some clubs going completely out of business is also going to have to be considered. The £760 million that is allegedly "owed" to Broadcasters will not be easy to bear for most of the Prems top teams, that figure itself could bankrupt some even if spread evenly.

In the scheme of things it seems almost unreal to consider re-starting the season, even more so to void it and then to factor in the above, Football itself could look very different in the next 2 years but what is striking is not only Football but life in general. Many many businesses will falter and thus the economic fallout is a huge factor all round and this at the same time as having to deal with the awful amount of deaths as a result.

Today they even talk about a second wave in the Autumn, I fear we may be a long way from any sort of normality for life let alone Football.
The PL itself has £1.5BN in cash reserves, it’d have to use a decent chunk of it. Problem solved.

Genuine question.
Reserved for what exactly ?

I have always wondered that. Like a business needs cash in the bank, but £1.5 billion seems excessive.

Maybe in case BT/Sky go bust, they could tie the clubs over till a new sucker is sourced.

Genuine question.
Reserved for what exactly ?

To be fair, they should actually use this - and probably do - like a sovereign fund. The league should be able to see this out comfortably but they just don't want to - hence allowing the likes of Spurs and Newcastle to lean on the Government for their non-playing staff.

My mate says that you don’t need ambulances or medical staff on hand for behind closed doors games that’s only for fans, he said club doctors and physios would be enough, I can’t find anything about this on the net, is he right?

You even need a team of electricans on site in case of floodlight failure.

You even need a team of electricans on site in case of floodlight failure.

not in July you dont, none the less if the number of Dr's required to get this over the line is even a consideration there is zero chance of it getting over the line. Wont happen

There will probably be a period of time where social distance will be lifted, smaller gatherings are fine but large stadiums are still not permitted, I suspect this is the window they are hoping for. There is no way they will ignore social distancing advice or the PFA etc will go for it.
Good luck to any player trying to get insurance whilst there are still any sort of restrictions in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.