Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very misleading statement.

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin says the current football season could be lost if it cannot be restarted by the end of June.

Most leagues in Europe are suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic, with this summer's Euro 2020 tournament postponed for another year.

Ceferin says seasons could be finished behind closed doors.

"If we don't succeed in restarting, the season will probably be lost," the Slovenian said.

He told Italian newspaper La Repubblica: "There is a plan A, B and C.

"The three options are to start again in mid-May, in June or at the end of June.

"There is also the possibility of starting again at the beginning of the next [season], starting the following one later. We will see the best solution for leagues and clubs."

As it stands there are nine games to be completed by the majority of Premier League clubs, and up to 12 in the Football League.

All football in England is suspended until at least 30 April.

Ceferin says that playing remaining games behind closed doors would have to be an option across Europe.

"It's hard for me to imagine all the matches behind closed doors, but we still don't know whether we'll resume, with or without spectators," he said.

"If there was no alternative, it would be better to finish the championships."

That's not the same as him confirming it though is it?

They have already said the season has to be done by 30th June. Footy is done this season.

I'd guess it's all about Europe for next season now. UEFA obviously want some but I reckon leagues voided and no European footy next season. Stops all the legal issues

People need to stop with the “just give them the title” shouts: Liverpool getting another title away from us is never a good thing in any world, especially when it would be a “title based on probability.”

The thing is though mate a lot of proper of RS fans don't want to be handed the title now without finishing the season, even my RS mate who is the most deluded bellend ever says it would be a "hollow title" if they were just handed it now. I read another RS fan saying that even if they did finish the season it would be a "tainted" title.

The rumour word is that lock down may have to go into June that would scupper any chance of a restart.

Don't think the end of the lockdown, will be the green light either. When the lockdown is eased, it is going to be a very very slow process to restart conventional society. I dont think we are just going to get a green light one morning and suddenly there are millions on the buses, trains, school runs and work, never mind full stadiums, this is going to a drip feed of tests, maybe starting some schools back, some workers before considering Pubs, restaurants & Stadiums.

This is going to be one hell of a long haul & I cant see a scenario where football is played by September, never mind june this year.

As we are on wacky ideas for how we restart I posted the below last week. Could be a goer.

Cancel next season.

Take the PL on a world tour.
Create different tournaments that countries and TV can bid on.
Do this until February. Maybe do some stuff in this country as well.

March 2021 restart this season.

Would help out the travel industry.

Job done!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha NO.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha NO.

I don't think restarting this season in March 2021 is a runner obviously - but as we move further and further away from sport returning "wacky" ideas have to start being considered.

If football gets the green light to recommence from the 1st Jan 2021 for example. There is no way UEFA, FA etc are going to sit on their hands and say "ah sure no rush, we will wait til august and just start a new season then"

Status
Not open for further replies.