Chris Kavanagh

Status
Not open for further replies.
This decision is made in the full knowledge that the world will then be able to review it after the game is over. Thats what gets me.
There's no excuse, Kavanagh made the decision he wanted not one based on what he saw.
This morning he will be reading all about how incompetent he is and the dreadful mistake he made. He should be worried about his job and his bosses should be hauling him in.
But they are just as bad. Spinning excuses within minutes of the whistle on his behalf.

We were laughing pre match at the team sherts showing 6 officials for the match.
6 officials and they get so much wrong. Not just the pen but other decisions too.
The moved free kick got me. I dont know if it was thar criticsl but city decided where it was going to be kicked from. The assitant referee was on the line of the foul, never budged, yet we were moved back.

I'll tell you how bad that decision was, all the time the VAR review was going on, my only concern was who would take the penalty. That's how little doubt I had about the outcome of the VAR review. Absolute howler of a mistake, or, absolutely corrupt official, take your pick, but, it was definitely one or the other. That was a blatant penalty, even without the VAR review.

I mean his reasoning for not giving the handball was pure bollocks anyway.
Tireney's?

Absolutely. There was no way he couldn't see the ball at least bounce up into Rodri. And he should have definitely questioned VAR further and asked to check himself if he had any doubt - which according to the conversation he then had with Lampard, he obviously did.

Why VAR is not played out on the big screens... just stinks. These refs are woeful at their jobs and get far too much protection, but we all know that.

Tireney's?

Absolutely. There was no way he couldn't see the ball at least bounce up into Rodri. And he should have definitely questioned VAR further and asked to check himself if he had any doubt - which according to the conversation he then had with Lampard, he obviously did.

Why VAR is not played out on the big screens... just stinks. These refs are woeful at their jobs and get far too much protection, but we all know that.

No Kavanagh’s. Said it wasn’t clear enough to give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.