Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
….terrific effort. Just saying to Mrs Eggs before he scored that Branthwaite was the big success for me tonight. Where Godfrey is aggressive and raw, Branthwaite is a class act. Perhaps a good pairing.

i can’t be critical of Benitez for that, we parked the bus to good effect. It was an ideal Benitez scenario. If I was critical, i wonder why Simms, Dobbin and Branthwaite haven’t been used, especially for the last 30mins at Brentford when we were crying out for a spark up front.

Pickford terrific as was Keane (@4737carlin ), even Gbamin looked a bit Fellaini-like when he came on but young Branthwaite is looking the part & gets my MoM.
Branthwaite reminds me of Jon stones a little

It depends on what you class as a good performance for tonight.

It wasn't a great watch, well far from it, and we never looked likely to score, but defensively we were mostly rigid, disciplined and composed.

They knew their role(s), tactics were as effective as we could have expected and they worked and played well together. In some ways, it was a really good one.

Most of us felt we were looking at a hiding here, yet instead we looked as if we might have won it later on if things had panned out.
That was a great performance. Champions league winner against our least experienced team in memory.
Everyone worked exceptionally well. Not pretty to watch but but you could clearly see the work rate and tactics being carried out. It was tense and proud of the team tonight

Leicester game off now, so Burnley Boxing Day we should have DCL back in the squad and hopefully more.

We must have covid cases there are way too many out than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.