Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really do agree mate. It's not even a lack of ambition in our play which gets me though.

I'd just like to see us be able to create more chances.

We have created the third lowest amount of chances in the league. Yet our conversion rate when it comes to putting away big chances (i.e. those shots that are one v ones or in the width of the goal about 12 yards out) is brilliant - it's 55%, the best in the league by far.

I don't think it's out of the question to expect us to be creating more. Creating fewer chances than every team but Burnley and West Brom isn't really a good thing. Because if we just created more, the quality is there for us to score goals.
I just don’t think we have the tools in midfield to give those more chances though. James is obviously the master creator but he’s made of glass.

I find it as frustrating as you do that we don’t do much but I’m satisfied that we have improved massively upon recent years. Carlo will see the same issues I’m sure.

For me there wasn't a lot wrong with that performance. Lost to an own goal and a penalty. Pickford kept them out at times. OK we didn't create much but could easily have drawn that.

We're close. Ancelotti just needs a bit more time.

Our run in isn't as hard as some others. I've not lost hope yet.
“ We could have easily drawn that”? Yes possibly, if Chelsea had three players sent off !!

I just don’t think we have the tools in midfield to give those more chances though. James is obviously the master creator but he’s made of glass.

I find it as frustrating as you do that we don’t do much but I’m satisfied that we have improved massively upon recent years. Carlo will see the same issues I’m sure.

But let's face it we know we're only going to get 20 league games tops out of James.

There should really be an attacking system/structure - whatever word you want to call it - in place for when he's either not playing or getting marked out of the game.

Our attacks always rely on moments, mate. When was the last good team move that wasn't just a long ball and a quick pass (which is fine, but also relatively predictable).

It's not asking for suicidal passing out from the back or pretty, going-nowhere football. But you have to be able to create more chances than we do.

...sorry, Matey, I can’t use words like ‘excellent’ to describe a performance that included a very poor decision that cost us a key goal. I’m not disputing he made some fine saves, but his performance can’t be excellent when he was to blame for a goal.
team with pickford in goal will win nothing hes a panic merchant

I have criticised Pickford for poor decisions and panicking when it's happened and he's certainly prone to both.
Tonight however I just don't feel that criticism is deserved.
I really can't see that Pickford is to blame for the penalty. He had to go for the ball, the Chelsea player just beat him to it. It happens. He came within an inch of getting his fingers to the ball. I don't think it was a poor decision to go for the ball and I certainly don't think it was panic.

But let's face it we know we're only going to get 20 league games tops out of James.

There should really be an attacking system/structure - whatever word you want to call it - in place for when he's either not playing or getting marked out of the game.

Our attacks always rely on moments, mate. When was the last good team move that wasn't just a long ball and a quick pass (which is fine, but also relatively predictable).

It's not asking for suicidal passing out from the back or pretty, going-nowhere football. But you have to be able to create more chances than we do.

It is very strange watching how crap we are on the ball sometimes. I can only put it down to lack of belief/brittle confidence.

We actually had a beautiful move tonight only for Richarlison to look like a Vanarama league striker and undo all the good work.

They are a better side than us, just like City, we can't really be annoyed at this one, we'd of all accepted where we are in the table at the start of the season. We've won away 9 times this season, plus we've beaten Arsenal and Chelsea at home and we're in the quarter final, expected nothing from tonight, so not to bothered,

It is very strange watching how crap we are on the ball sometimes. I can only put it down to lack of belief/brittle confidence.

We actually had a beautiful move tonight only for Richarlison to look like a Vanarama league striker and undo all the good work.

Yeah, that was a good one.

But it's few and far between.

It's not really based on tonight. it's more that it's been the same for ages. The last one I can think of, in the league, is probably the opener against Wolves?

Yeah, that was a good one.

But it's few and far between.

It's not really based on tonight. it's more that it's been the same for ages.

Aye mate I agree. I mentioned something similar after West Brom. About 7/8 of the current starters you'd think would be starters next season, surely they should be able to string a few passes together.

I think we've found a winning formula which just makes us a tad too defensive and safe. Totally understand though why hea done it as its working in the main. Woukd be nice to see a bit more togger here and there and I've no doubt he'll be thinking the same too.

Got to get Europe, that's what's important this season

Oh and winning the FA Cup as well.

They are a better side than us, just like City, we can't really be annoyed at this one, we'd of all accepted where we are in the table at the start of the season. We've won away 9 times this season, plus we've beaten Arsenal and Chelsea at home and we're in the quarter final, expected nothing from tonight, so not to bothered,
I never like watching Everton lose but can’t do much about that tonight. Just a better team with more pace, power and quality than us. Injuries biting for us now.

We are 4-5 first teamers away from being chelsea. Before we mention the bench . Leicester are the targets now not them. Allan was great btw .UTFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.