Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're an intelligent person mate, I know full well you know what I am getting at even if the first 10-15 words are worded poorly. We're 5th, through playing through a defence's strengths. CA is making the most of what he has in midfield, he's getting us results through his intelligence and experience.

I know exactly what you mean with regards to us being unambitious (check my recent posts throughout the game if you like...). I just think we, like CA, isn't expecting Davies, gomes, docoure, siggy, iwobi, bernard to suddenly be sharp on the ball, smart in their movement, accurate with their passing and decisive. None of them have shown any of that in their careers. That is what I am getting at. We could be more expansive but we'd also ship more. You said in another post that we have the tools to do it? That is where i'd disagree with you.

I find it frustrating too, but if you asked me CA would steady the ship, have us battling for 4th (even if we know it's not gonna happen long-term, I'd rather aim for 4th and get EL, then aim for EL and fall short) we would have all accepted some cons of it, no?

We are playing the long game here, wont always be pretty like it was at the start, wont always be ugly like it has been recently. However we're 5th, 29 points away from home on the board (quite possibly the most in my lifetime?).

Things arent perfect, things have to improve long-term but ultimately we are in a good position.

Really do agree mate. It's not even a lack of ambition in our play which gets me though.

I'd just like to see us be able to create more chances.

We have created the third lowest amount of chances in the league. Yet our conversion rate when it comes to putting away big chances (i.e. those shots that are one v ones or in the width of the goal about 12 yards out) is brilliant - it's 55%, the best in the league by far.

I don't think it's out of the question to expect us to be creating more. Creating fewer chances than every team but Burnley and West Brom isn't really a good thing. Because if we just created more, the quality is there for us to score goals.

Relieved that it was only 2-0. Despite both of their goals being scrawpy they could have had several more. Says a lot that our first selection includes the awful Iwobi and our subs bring on the likes of Davies and Bernard. The first did his limited best and Bernard is a waste of space. Forget top 4 which is ludicrous this season. Although Carlo is said to be limiting new signings to 2 maybe 3 , I fear we need more than that if the deadwood is cut out.

difficult to fume about that - they were better than us. When you can bring on Pulisic to waste a few minutes that shows the gulf in spending. Giroud didnt even get on.....
Thought Godfrey ran non stop and felt sorry for him netting the og. Pickford made some spectacular stops especially the double stop but the defense looked open to through balls all night. Perhaps from playing Allan so deep. Gomes too ran his arse off and Davies made things better when he came on.
On the downside Sigurdsson was just wasting a shirt, Bernard, much as it pains me to say it, was awful. King gets pushed too wide in a 3. Holgate... where did the solid defender go? Iwobi - didnt turn up at all. and to cap it all Richy had an off night.
We are sadly less than a top four team without some key players either injured or just not playing well.
People will say that their squad is better, deeper and considerably more expensive than ours and that's probably true... and highlights the enormous disparity between their commercial performance that supports such spending on more and better quality players than does ours.

Our commercial side is adversely affecting our ability to compete in the transfer market as we're already stretching the FFP rules.

Yet another woeful performance. OK, half the side are crap, but you can still tell them to play with a bit of energy and positivity. Embarassing.

Interesting.

Do you reckon he told them to move the ball around slowly and pass sideways and backwards?

Embarrassing is losing your last 6 home games on the bounce. Us sitting 5th 4 points on 4th having just been beaten by a much better side is not embarrassing.

Thats my profile pic for my football club www.portlandutdfc.co.uk, I give up my own time voluntarily to coach youngsters.

Cant wait for your next insult......

whilst your moaning today was annoying, and I’m making fun of it as I thought it was silly and OTT, I don’t want you thinking I was making some dig at your pic as I wasn’t in any way

Really do agree mate. It's not even a lack of ambition in our play which gets me though.

I'd just like to see us be able to create more chances.

We have created the third lowest amount of chances in the league. Yet our conversion rate when it comes to putting away big chances (i.e. those shots that are one v ones or in the width of the goal about 12 yards out) is brilliant - it's 55%, the best in the league by far.

I don't think it's out of the question to expect us to be creating more. Creating fewer chances than every team but Burnley and West Brom isn't really a good thing. Because if we just created more, the quality is there for us to score goals.
If that isn't a fat Sam stat, then I don't know what is. Creating the third lowest chances in the league is an awful stat. Our brand of football is terrible and unless there's a huge clearout, we may get used to it. the brand of football isn't going to transform into Chelsea under this coach, not a chance.

It is hard to feel bad about this game because Chelsea are so much a better side and have a deep squad of talent. I went for 0-3 before the game and it could have been worse than that.

I think it's a good photo, you look like a nice guy, never mind the detractor. Also, good on you to be coaching the kids, keep it up when all this Covid insanity is over.
Thanks

TBH I cant wait to get back on the field again and back in to playing games... You do worry about the development of players outside of the professional game with these recent enforced breaks.

We all get passionate about Everton, its our club! Thats what sets Everton apart from others, no better sight in English football when Goodison is bouncing... We can at least be civil, even if we dont agree. IF you dont agree lets have a debate, it is a forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.