Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we get injuries everywhere and all the time? Are we just that unlucky? West ham have had their full squad for months and are winning because of that.

Reactions: KMC

I think he is a fantastic signing and easily my favourite player this season. But I mean a proper Captain. Someone with legacy. Someone who has the "dressing room". It's clearly not Coleman...or Sigurdsson. Allan has a great future here but he's not even a full season in and he's missed almost half of it. Next year I fully expect him to be one of the biggest voices in the room. And be a big part of our push to become the club that achieves the success we know we can.

He's done well this season but England squad level is about his level for now. Still has a way to go to get to the next step i.e. Kane so we cant expect miracles every week. He can still show a bit more desire than he did tonight though.
I’d be happy with all our players attaining England squad level. Particularly Holgate at the present.

difficult to fume about that - they were better than us. When you can bring on Pulisic to waste a few minutes that shows the gulf in spending. Giroud didnt even get on.....
Thought Godfrey ran non stop and felt sorry for him netting the og. Pickford made some spectacular stops especially the double stop but the defense looked open to through balls all night. Perhaps from playing Allan so deep. Gomes too ran his arse off and Davies made things better when he came on.
On the downside Sigurdsson was just wasting a shirt, Bernard, much as it pains me to say it, was awful. King gets pushed too wide in a 3. Holgate... where did the solid defender go? Iwobi - didnt turn up at all. and to cap it all Richy had an off night.
We are sadly less than a top four team without some key players either injured or just not playing well.

I think he is a fantastic signing and easily my favourite player this season. But I mean a proper Captain. Someone with legacy. Someone who has the "dressing room". It's clearly not Coleman...or Sigurdsson. Allan has a great future here but he's not even a full season in and he's missed almost half of it. Next year I fully expect him to be one of the biggest voices in the room. And be a big part of our push to become the club that achieves the success we know we can.
Watch him in the tunnel barking at them , then leading by example on the pitch.
Not much more he can do tbh.

Why do we get injuries everywhere and all the time? Are we just that unlucky? West ham have had their full squad for months and are winning because of that.

Most clubs do mate. Leicester have a pretty big injury list at the moment and are just scraping by. Suppose it helps that they’re not having to do it with lower league standard midfielders like Gomes or tripe like Iwobi. Our squad depth really is terrible.

Great question. The training staff should be facing some serious questions about this. Seems like a lot of injuries are minor and off-pitch. Also, it needs to be asked whether James has the physicality to play in this league. He's a great talent to watch but it looks like with each passing week he's becoming more-and-more unreliable.

I mean Chelsea are good but we made Havertz look unplayable tonight. I thought we looked a lot better when Davies came on then as I thought that he gave it away and they nearly scoredlol

Top 4 isn’t over but our midfield still struggles big time against good sides, not quite got the same quality as the teams around us in midfield Leicester, Chelsea, United, West Ham (Rice and Soucek) and Liverpool (apart from Thiago obvs)

Status
Not open for further replies.