Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this match. Win or lose, I hope to see Everton playing with the alacrity and pace that can seem lacking when they face bottom-of-the-table opposition.

My last parent conference finishes at 18:10 so I will be cycling home quickly to catch the second half. So annoying.

Not being negative but I think we will lose here. 2 or 3 -1

I think Carlo will set us up to park the bus and try and hit on the counter. Might work, might not. Bit of a free hit this one, we've got 'easier' games coming up. Chelsea are a strong team now under Tuchel.

I'm trying to be objective about tonight and have some perspective, not usually my strongest points I'll admit. A result would be brilliant but it's going to be very tough because they have improved and are the most confident they've been all season. It's a big game but it's not going to be make or break and I do still think we are in a top 6 race rather than for 4th.

Before the Southampton game I looked at the next four matches and thought to myself, 9 points from these would be great. Well we’ve got 6 of them with 6 still to play for, if we get 3 points, minimum, from the next 2 games we’re flying.

Either way, isn’t it a nice change to still be worrying about which European competition we might get, rather than let’s get 40 points on the board in March?

I'm trying to be objective about tonight and have some perspective, not usually my strongest points I'll admit. A result would be brilliant but it's going to be very tough because they have improved and are the most confident they've been all season. It's a big game but it's not going to be make or break and I do still think we are in a top 6 race rather than for 4th.

It's nice having these 'big' games isn't it? We are going to this one underdogs and our away record is fantastic this season, you never know...

My head is saying Chelsea will be too strong for us, but my heart is saying we can do this with CA at the helm. He has proved us wrong many times already.

Lets get behind the team and see what happens... I know it is difficult because this club has let us down too many times in the last 30 years! Change is in the air (Hopefully).

IF we lose though I do think that is CL gone with the games we have left, I dont think it was ever a realistic target. More than likely end up with Europa which is a good stepping stone IMO. Got to have some European football next season, got to. Cmon Carlo get in to these.......

I have just done the dreaded look at the fixtures as well. We have a great shot if we take anything from tonight. I still have that "we will everton this up" feeling but now is actually mixed in with a bit of anticipation.

To go against what I have just done, we have to take each game as it comes and take the opportunities that present themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.