Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening on the radio because my imagination makes Everton look better than they probably have been on the tele

Performances under Dyche have largely been an improvement so I’m not gonna moan about the geezer too much, but to persist with a very, very crap Gueye in midfield while moving our best midfielder to a position in which he has, again, been hugely ineffective is really quite worrying.

Even if he is going to insist with the “Iwobi legs it about a lot so I want him out wide for some reason” train of thought, at least give Garner a crack. Rumour has it the boy can pass. To his own team.
The one period since Dyche took over that Gueye wasn't playing we got battered in midfield. He has to play.

Performances under Dyche have largely been an improvement so I’m not gonna moan about the geezer too much, but to persist with a very, very crap Gueye in midfield while moving our best midfielder to a position in which he has, again, been hugely ineffective is really quite worrying.

Even if he is going to insist with the “Iwobi legs it about a lot so I want him out wide for some reason” train of thought, at least give Garner a crack. Rumour has it the boy can pass. To his own team.
Keeping Iwobi on the field after the first 45 was a dreadful lapse from Dyche. He's relying on unreliable players. That only ends one way.

I am once again afraid I can't blame the attacking players because this setup is hopeless. They might not be any good but they're being given no chance.
iwobi has given the ball away time and time sgain in this match at crucial times. that has nothing to so with set up. he can't pass or control the football.

Status
Not open for further replies.