Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry but with your approach, we would be relegated with you in charge. Thankfully you are not. No one wants Che Adams, but realising the way this club does thing, and compromising with only a week left of the transfer window, people are looking for options. It must be so easy to just say, we shouldn’t do this or that.
This is another step toward relegation. Maybe it saves us this year. But then next summer when you need to improve again you’re out of money because you bought Che Adams. You don’t get to spend real money on bad players when you have no money and expect it won’t hurt you at some point.

Here’s how you can justify this: say I think Che Adams is a good player. Anyone?

This is another step toward relegation. Maybe it saves us this year. But then next summer when you need to improve again you’re out of money because you bought Che Adams. You don’t get to spend real money on bad players when you have no money and expect it won’t hurt you at some point.

Here’s how you can justify this: say I think Che Adams is a good player. Anyone?
Let’s deal with saving us this year first eh?

Getting relegated and going into administration with a half finished stadium is a much better plan, of course.
If we get relegated and go into administration once we’re already in the stadium is that actually better?

And of course there’s the other part where Che Adams playing a lot of games was literally a feature of a team that just got relegated!

If we get relegated and go into administration once we’re already in the stadium is that actually better?

And of course there’s the other part where Che Adams playing a lot of games was literally a feature of a team that just got relegated!

Well yes, cos then we have a stadium instead of a bowl of concrete and steel with no purpose. It's an asset not a liability at that point.

Let's have it right: Adams is better than what we have. But he wont be coming here unless Southampton fancy doing a deal that hands them Holgate + the promise of a few million down the line.
I agree with some of that Dave.
When I look at the team for tomorrow I would be very glad if Adams was available to play.
He would be a solid addition to the squad but not a marquee signing.

People compare him to Maupay but they are totally different players.

Regarding Holgate, I think that is a separate deal and Holgate and his agent will have been focused on Holgate rather than trying to get Adams to Everton.

Everton it seems just need to save every penny they can

Tbh we need another centre half of Holgate goes, one injury to Tarkowski and we have, Keane, Godfrey and Branthwaite to choose from.
If we are as tight money wise as we are, I would argue CH is down the list priority wise.
Tarkowski
Godfrey
Branthwaite (til proven)
Keane
In that order, I'd argue we have sufficient depth til January. Of course it isn't quality, but just think we need to spend money elsewhere first.

No it’s not better. Points deductions, no cash, searching for another owner…no, it’s not better.

I think it’s purely a calculation. Do you persist with a poor understudy (in Maupay) when your first choice striker (DCL) is never fit - if the answer to that question is no (because it could get us relegated us and lose us £100m plus with a stadium to pay for) then you look for alternatives.

No one is suggesting that Che Adams is a good player in comparison to strikers across the PL (or Europe) but is he a better forward than Maupay? I would say yes, and given our poor performance yet again this transfer window, with only 7 days remaining, you have to compromise and reinforce the forward line as distasteful as it will feel.

Should we be paying the reported £15m for him? No, not in a month of Sundays - imo he is only worth up to £10m, but we find ourselves where we find ourselves and if it is an option of Adams or no one, regrettably we have to sign Adams. I know it’s crap….you see to be advocating not buying anyone rather than buying Adam which will see us relegated. Even if Adams contribution leads to an additional 5 goals that could be the difference between staying up or going down.

I think it’s purely a calculation. Do you persist with a poor understudy (in Maupay) when your first choice striker (DCL) is never fit - if the answer to that question is no (because it could get us relegated us and lose us £100m plus with a stadium to pay for) then you look for alternatives.

No one is suggesting that Che Adams is a good player in comparison to strikers across the PL (or Europe) but is he a better forward than Maupay? I would say yes, and given our poor performance yet again this transfer window, with only 7 days remaining, you have to compromise and reinforce the forward line as distasteful as it will feel.

Should we be paying the reported £15m for him? No, not in a month of Sundays - imo he is only worth up to £10m, but we find ourselves where we find ourselves and if it is an option of Adams or no one, regrettably we have to sign Adams. I know it’s crap….you see to be advocating not buying anyone rather than buying Adam which will see us relegated. Even if Adams contribution leads to an additional 5 goals that could be the difference between staying up or going down.
Adams has literally never played better than Maupay. At best they’re equal and you’re just hoping it works out because he will probably win more headers.

Two straight years spending 15m on a striker everyone knows isn’t any good. A disaster.

But that's just repeating everything that has put us into this position. Last year was "well Maupay is better than Rondon" this year its "Adams is better than Maupay"; next year will be "well player C is better than Adams, and if he can score 7 goals"

We cannot keep going around in circles buying over priced average players. There is a world of footballers out there; we have more data analysts than first team players

Status
Not open for further replies.