Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen, hold up play is the strongest part of his game. He occupied our defenders really well when they beat us at Goodison in January (what a shocking match that was btw...). It wasn't anything particularly complicated or flash, but it allowed them to sustain attacks in the second half and push us back.

His finishing is unfortunately pretty average as far as I can see. But no worse than Maupay, and he offers much more in a direct style like Dyche uses.
Thanks. A pragmatic and sensible signing then, given the state we're in

Can you name any?
I just did
Chermiti, we own him already
As for scouting round the world, that's what our illustrious scouting department are paid to do
So unless I name a player, then discuss potential deals with the other party I am in no way capable of knowing who we can get for 12mil
What I do know is other clubs can, so why are we still spending what little we have (PL terms) on either cast offs or crud?

Like I did with Onana last summer...whoops. think you picked the wrong poster for that one.

If we had offerered the loan LAST summer with the obligation THIS summer that would have been €2.5mil loan fee LAST summer + €22.5mil this summer.

The loan last summer covered by the first Maupay payment the obligation this summer covered by Adams fees and the 2nd onwards maupay payments.

With El Bilal similarly €8mil last summer would be covered by the Maupay fee.

Either or both and wed have been set for years at CF and RW.

But i am saying THIS summer...where are those similar players available we could go for who have 1-2 seasons experience? Instead of Adams.
Oh; Hindsight is such a perfect science you make it sound factual.

If we had bought him last summer and he had turned out to be rubbish, would you now be saying why did we buy this unproven Premier League player instead of going for a proven PL player like Maupay?

Wrong poster; nope, I picked the right one.

In my job, if I had perform as well as thelwell I would be out the door a long time ago. But yeah poor guy he has such a difficult job and only a 7 figures salary to show for it.
He has had a difficult job, we're not an attractive proposition right now.

His salary is pretty irrelevant. (but again, well done you for knowing what he's paid, just like you know Che Adams is definitely getting a pay rise)

Do I think he could have performed better? Possibly. But the fact is, NOBODY on this forum has any accurate picture of what constraints the club is working under. we can all have a bit of a guess but that's about it.

How long do you think it takes before you can properly measure the work a director of football has done? I'd say its 3 to 4 years at a minimum. He's been in the position for what? 18 months? If you want to rip it up and start again, that's fine, but you'll be back here again whining next summer.

It may sound like I'm a cheerleader for Thelwell, I'm not. I don't know if he's any good at his job or not but he's in position and it's clear hes made quite a few changes behind the scenes. It takes patience to see if they pay off or not. Our problem is we've been bent over and banged up the arse by Chairman Bill for so long we're getting more and more desperate for any degree of success.

This season I'd take safe by Mid April right now and re-asses where we are. Thelwell will be just over 2 years in the job and Dyche will be coming up to his final year. If both have some some measurable progress they should be retained and we continue to grow at a sustainable pace rather than continuously rolling the dice.

Anyway, this is meant to be Che Adams thread. Not a whining about Thelwell one. Adams is definitely a bit Meh, don't you think?

A question that troubles me (while im also open minded and realistic on this signing), is:

In the next transfer window will we still feel like we need to sign another striker? - its a possibility.

If we sing Adams for 12 mill, we will paid £36 -£40 mill in a year on him, Maupay and Chemiti. Is that a good use of funds..............???

Most surprising thing to me about this is that he's 5 foot 9.

Always thought he was a lot taller than that for some reason.

A question that troubles me (while im also open minded and realistic on this signing), is:

In the next transfer window will we still feel like we need to sign another striker? - its a possibility.

If we sing Adams for 12 mill, we will paid £36 -£40 mill in a year on him, Maupay and Chemiti. Is that a good use of funds..............???
No

We need to take a chance on talent from abroad
How much did Brighton pay for Ferguson/Mitoma/Caicedo etc?
Why are we so stuck in an old school mentality? Probably BK
I'd rather we played Chermiti than sign Adams
that's 12mil saved already
If we are going to be stuck with Maupay, a good Championship Striker but terrible PL striker then why buy another?
Paying twice for almost the same level of crud imo
waste of money
I'd actually prefer us to take that 12mil, add it to the supposed 25mil Gnonto money and buy a goalscoring striker
but if not I'd rather we tried the non PL proven Chermiti over the proven they can't do it Adams/Maupay
Everton could learn a lot from Brighton.

When the club owner fully ignored the boos and the protests from their fans when they hardly created chances at home for half a season. When the owner of a club that had never been in top 10 instead of strengthening the first eleven, spent all the transfer funds on young prospects that was loaned out.

Players such as Caicedo and Mac Allister both waited 15 months from signing for Brighton to get their first league start.

Doing like Brighton is to not play Chermiti before you know he is ready. It can take 3 months, it can take 12 months or it can take 18 months. And that should not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.