Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
….absolute nonsense.

So let’s agree we have £15m to spend on a striker (not withstanding we have already spent £15m on Chermiti & £12m on Maupay). In all the world and all the strikers available, Everton go for Che Adams (a bloke widely tipped up on here a month ago as somebody we’d end up with) and you think it’s perfectly acceptable.

We pay a DoF big bucks to have knowledge of the global game and contacts he trusts across the world & he comes up with Che Adams.
Let's give the guy an opportunity though before we tell him he's rubbish Mr Eggs.

Kevin bought Chermiti; a relatively unknown and everyone said what a rubbish signing, surely that was one from the "global game" network; no?

You did not like that one; now it's Adams and you don't like that either.

Haaland and/or Messi won't come here, so you buy what's within your budget.

I'm pretty sure everybody would like a Porsche SUV, but if your budget is five times lower than what it costs, you buy what you can afford.

I mean it’s the most obvious transfer ever, and we all saw it coming. But if it means the ball sticks up front once in a while when we punt it 60 yards I can live with it, I simply can’t watch Maupay try and play the DCL role again.

One thing to note, is whilst we’ve bid £12m it’s not even been accepted yet. Imagine the fume if we up it to £15m.

…..genuinely hope he turns out to be the real deal, his future will tell us lots about Thelwell.

The fact we’ve gone for Adams is a reflection the Manager won’t be using Chermiti. Of all the strikers in the world, surely there’s better out there for £15m than Che Adams.

5 league goals last season. What do they magically expect him to start scoring double figures which he’s never done before?

I mean it’s the most obvious transfer ever, and we all saw it coming. But if it means the ball sticks up front once in a while when we punt it 60 yards I can live with it, I simply can’t watch Maupay try and play the DCL role again.

One thing to note, is whilst we’ve bid £12m it’s not even been accepted yet. Imagine the fume if we up it to £15m.
If we swap adams for maupay it’s really not too bad - especially if we can offload him somewhere for some money.

We are obviously desperate for a new starting striker but 12 million even doesn’t get you anything these days. DCL is turning into a bit of an anchor for us atm, obviously levels above what we have when fit - but never fit yet on big wages and using up a big spot in our squad.

Let's give the guy an opportunity though before we tell him he's rubbish Mr Eggs.

Kevin bought Chermiti; a relatively unknown and everyone said what a rubbish signing, surely that was one from the "global game" network; no?

You did not like that one; now it's Adams and you don't like that either.

Haaland and/or Messi won't come here, so you buy what's within your budget.

I'm pretty sure everybody would like a Porsche SUV, but if your budget is five times lower than what it costs, you buy what you can afford.

….where have I said I don’t like Chermiti? I said he’s exactly the type we should be recruiting. Only time will tell if Thelwell has got that one right (I have my doubts). if he is the real deal I’ll give the DoF full credit.

I think Chermiti will tell us lots about Thelwell’s worth.

I think it’s an absolute nonsense to suggest £15m buys you nothing better than Adam’s. That’s what the DoF is employed for.

If we miss out on players, we're going to move down the transfer depth chart until we find someone that works. Che Adams isn't out first choice (otherwise why are we signing him a couple weeks before the end of the window) but we do need attackers in, and if Dyche thinks he can do a job for us, so be it.

This whole 'relegated players aren't good enough' narrative is so tiresome. There are so many factors that go into a relegation - bad management, bad luck, bad ownership, as well as bad players. If Everton were relegated, you wouldn't make the argument that Pickford isn't good enough - he's Englands no 1 ffs.
It's not that relegated player's can't be good players, it's that we don't seem to look much further than them in recruitment. Let's have it right though, Che Adams isn't one of saint's better players. It's not like we're getting Roy Keane when forest went down or Pickford were we to go down. Its lazy recruitment at best, waste of money and a registration slot at worst

….where have I said I don’t like Chermiti? I said he’s exactly the type we should be recruiting. Only time will tell if Thelwell has got that one right (I have my doubts). if he is the real deal I’ll give the DoF full credit.

I think Chermiti will tell us lots about Thelwell’s worth.

I think it’s an absolute nonsense to suggest £15m buys you nothing better than Adam’s. That’s what the DoF is employed for.

Do you hate Thelwell as you had a man crush on Brands and the style of clothes he wore?

Status
Not open for further replies.