Central midfield vs Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankers88

Player Valuation: £750k
I was absolutely disgusted last night that Neville couldn’t even do the simple things right. Easy passes, easy clearances and easy tackles - he struggled with them all. I’d be extremely disappointed if he starts vs Swansea as I truly believe he’s an absolute liability in the middle of the park and the game will just pass him by against a team like Swansea.

I’ve never been a fan of the suggestion of Heitinga in midfield, as I don’t believe he has the discipline to play a holding role / a deep lying midfielder. But I honestly think he can do a better job than what Neville did last night.

I’d also swap Osman with Fellaini as he made a few mistakes that were lucky only to lead to one goal last night.

So who would you have as the main midfield two for Swansea / the next for games?

P.S. Oh, how I can’t wait for the return of Gibbo

Can we stop making Neville the main scapegoat, Osman was also beyond awful.

Neville and Osman are not the answer, whatever the question, honestly, if Moyes doesnt move Fellaini back into midfield he needs sacking.

Neville and Osman are not the answer, whatever the question, honestly, if Moyes doesnt move Fellaini back into midfield he needs sacking.

Come on mate, it doesn't take a footballing genius to figure out that in that midfield partnership it's supposed to be "one stays and one goes". The problem was Neville was anonymous at everything, so Osman - who is an attacking midfielder by trade - was having to try and put out fires all over the place to cover for Neville.

It isn't scapegoating when it's blatantly true - Neville was disgusting last night.

osman-fellaini
mirallas-naismith-pienaar

has got to be better than having Neville in there

Over the 90 minutes I thought it was fine. It's just a matter of time before we're overrun, though. Newcastle couldn't do it, but Swansea can. It can't stay that way.

There are no good answers, btw. Frankly, we're short of players.

Saying Neville cost us the game (which he didn't) would be scapegoating, pointing out he's gash is just stating the obvious. Osman hasn't played that badly for a year, though. You're saying that as if we all thought Neville was world class prior to last night.

How has Gibson, who we signed on the cheap in January this year become the fulcrum of our outfield 10? What did we do before him? Hes not had 20 games, how has this happened?

Neville seems to be just about done. He looked like he was having problems running. I do hate Heitinga in midfield though. He has no discipline and goes wandering off up front. Swansea shouldn't be too physical so maybe we could give Junior a go? Obviously not alongside Osman though.

How has Gibson, who we signed on the cheap in January this year become the fulcrum of our outfield 10? What did we do before him? Hes not had 20 games, how has this happened?

Ehh, did you watch us the first half of last season before he got here?

We also had a pretty good one we sold to Manchester City, that we didn't replace.

how about the radical idea of seeing if a central midfielder from the reserves like junior can make the step up rather than sticking a defender in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.