2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
How credible is the sauce on him waiting his wages paid in full to clear off?

Cheeky if true. Personally I'd be tempted to agree, but with a few clauses.

1) on condition he wears a multi-colour afro style clown wig in all public appearances
2) he renounces the fascist regime he loves so much. Publicly on video.
3) he let's one lucky GOT poster (nominee to be identified by the 'bomb shelter committee'*) manage his twitter account for a year. Full editorial control, post whatever whenever.

Should be down with that I reckon.

*Keith makes his comeback.
He did an interview just after his injury if I recall saying how much he loved the club and would say until his contract ran out - or something to that effect.

Genuinely forgot all about him from my list of dead wood that needs the chop. Now added and very near the top. Shame he got that injury otherwise decent chance he’d have gone back to Turkey. As it is, still might happen but low fee if anything - fingers crossed can get him off the books.

He's bog average, but cost aside he's probably on a par with Jo. Not the best, not the worst. Just really really bad that we've ended up lumbered with him.
His goals to game ratio is worse than Niasse and he cost twice as much, plus roughly double the wages as well. He is going to end up leaving us for nothing. I'll be fair and say that he looked a smart finisher when it was on a plate, but he has never looked capable of producing something out of nothing and he so unbearably slow. His hold up play is non existent, and his injuries, which I sympathise with him on, that isn't his fault, have meant that what little mobility he may have had have been negated.

I have said before, in fairness to Allardyce, the impact of both him and Walcott in the 2nd half of that season was essentially crucial, and they both added a number of goals that we never really looked like scoring earlier in the season, so there is an argument to be made that it was at least partially justified, but all in all, he has been terrible value for money, and has never really looked like he had anything close to that level of ability.

I look at it differently, I would keep him at Everton for the year as third choice behind DCL and Richarlison, he can score the odd goal and does work hard.
We could let him go for nothing and still have to spend scarce money to replace him.

If a club wants him let them play.
I am making the assumption that Kean will leave

On no account would i pay this fella off. If he wants to go then go but not with more fistfuls of cash than you've already bled from the club. I know it was the clubs fault in the first place giving him the contract but to pay off his final year contract would be madness just leave him rotting in reserves if thats his attitude.

On no account would i pay this fella off. If he wants to go then go but not with more fistfuls of cash than you've already bled from the club. I know it was the clubs fault in the first place giving him the contract but to pay off his final year contract would be madness just leave him rotting in reserves if thats his attitude.
Pay offs generally suit both parties.

We would save money.

Pay offs generally suit both parties.

We would save money.
I don't know how if his contract is for say £5m and we pay him £5m in advance then we've spent the same amount and not had any return on the £5m. If the pay off is less than his total for his final year of his contract then fine but it would have to be significantly lower for me.

I don't know how if his contract is for say £5m and we pay him £5m in advance then we've spent the same amount and not had any return on the £5m. If the pay off is less than his total for his final year of his contract then fine but it would have to be significantly lower for me.
Yeah that makes no sense for us.

Say hes owed 5m, we would normally offer about 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.