2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wants his salary paid up in full so he can go to Besiktas

I think the idea of paying up his contract is sensible, pretty sure he's already stated that he intends to run his contract down so the best other option for us is to sort a January loan which would cover at best 6 months wages. So if we can negotiate him down to paying half of his salary or less then we're onto a winner.

I think the idea of paying up his contract is sensible, pretty sure he's already stated that he intends to run his contract down so the best other option for us is to sort a January loan which would cover at best 6 months wages. So if we can negotiate him down to paying half of his salary or less then we're onto a winner.
Get him out I say.

Wants his salary paid up in full so he can go to Besiktas

Paying the full salary isn’t really how negotiation and mutual termination works, otherwise we could just cancel his contract and give him the whole lot.

Think he’d probably settle for about half, but equally it might make more financial sense to loan him out until his contract expires if the loanee club agreed to pay most of his wages.

If Besiktas are willing to offer him a contract and he's desperate to go back, he should be happy to termibate his contract at a reduced fee.

Does anyone know if this will help our finances if he does terminate?

Status
Not open for further replies.